Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help installing REPA sport seat receivers

help installing REPA sport seat receivers

So I got what are considered to be the long REPA seat belt receivers for sport seats- the issue is that the receivers have a plastic back cover spanning both the receiver and the metal extension, making it difficult to install properly. Does anyone have a picture of how these are correctly installed on the sport seat base? Seems it would be simple but the plastic cover only makes it possible to install one way and it doesn't seem to sit right against the base. Should these receivers even have the plastic cover on the metal extension? I'm attaching pics from a past post (mar2mar)- these are what I have- any additional hardware needed? RS-GT had another post showing these receivers with an additional bracket attached- is this required?

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  100.5 KBName:  early S -1.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  81.4 KB
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245

Get a thin 13mm? Spanner, that way you can get to the little REPA bolt (very thin head) the washer in between the bracket is nothing special. Then just capture the bracket under your seat rail, with the red knob down.

If you have after market seats, and mounting base, you won't need the bracket more than likely.
    Tony

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Brackets on standard Recaro seats, nothing for Sport seat. The sport seat console has an anchor point on each side.

Cees

After market mounting bases on my seats needed the brackets.

Name:  008_zpsd9feeaab.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  81.8 KB

Name:  001_zps1a024195.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  57.1 KB

you can actually and carefully unsnap the backs of those receivers with the long plastic tail. then once installed you can snap the rear cover back on.
    hopefully the plastic is still pliable and not crack. I have some here and can pop one open for a pic if you'd like.
    I use a closed end very flat ratchet wrench, its a double ended 19 use 19mm on that skinny bolt, the ratchet is the trick because with an open spanner you keep looking stabbing to hook on whereas the closed end flat ratchet wrench, once on the head of the bolt you just crank away without stressing the upholstery.
    makes a bugger of a job easy.

also you can place the bolt with the washer in the spanner and drop it in between and get the bolt started without having your hands tucked in that tight spot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by EARLY911ZOO; 05-26-2014 at 11:24 AM. Reason: ed
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

nice finish on those anchors and your hardware Bob, looking good
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Thanks, I Plasti-dipped the brackets 10 coats with a rattle can.

Thanks guys- here's the issue- the passenger sport seat base shown below is such that the extended receiver with full plastic cover on the back can only be installed on the inside of the base because of the plastic cover. It makes the receiver basically stand straight up because of that top metal piece running the length of the base to the left of the hole. It seems an extended receiver with the plastic backing on just the receiver itself would be more ideal because you can install on the outside of the base…or am I looking at this all wrong? Any pics of one installed on the base- again, VERY much appreciated!
    Name:  base.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  126.5 KB
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245

Kalid - I'm struggling with the exact same issue. I am thinking about having an extension tab welded onto my bases. Similar to the photo below. I have seen version of the single locker base in several pictures. Hoping to see some live examples before I go through with it though. I think it's the only solution. I thought about those brackets found on the standard seats but it doesn't look like they would work in this set up ..

Name:  IMG_0280.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  66.0 KB

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  63.2 KB

Mounting on the inside with the large wavy washer is correct. The picture is from a standard seat, but the same goes for the sportsseat.

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim