Thread: Clock Wiring Help and Other Unknown

Clock Wiring Help and Other Unknown

In removing my blower assembly I came across the following wire that wasn't connected to anything. This is on the passengers side. Does anyone know what this would be for?

Name:  IMG_0182.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  106.6 KB

Second question concerns the wiring for the clock. Mine is not hooked up. I see there are 2 spades on the back of the clock. A PO labelled one "Black" (for power I assume) on the very back and the other "Brown" (for grounding I assume) part way along the side. Would the power wire look like that shown in the picture? It has two wires going to a single spade. Would this be correct for the clock? I found a piece of Duct tape wrapped on one end with what I believe to read "clock". Can anyone confirm? Many thanks for the assistance.

Name:  IMG_0194.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  61.0 KB
    Member #2666

OK, I found a copy of the wiring diagram in another thread and it looks like there are two black/power wires that go to the clock, one from fuse #2 and the second from some sort of relay or something. And a ground wire which is connected to all the other gauges by the looks of it. If one of the wiring gurus can confirm this is correct that would be great.

Also still wondering about the loose/unconnected wire behind the blower assembly? Thanks.
    Member #2666

What year? I know it's LWB looking at the blower.

Anyway, yes, the black wires are power for the clock, one from the fuse box, the other one feeds the glove box light. Brown is a ground wire per the German DIN rules for that sort of thing.

The blue wire is for the Webasto Heater (which was still an option in the LWB cars) it's labeled Zusatzheizung or "auxilary heating" in the diagram. It would be connected to the Webasto heater switch on one end and the firing box on the other. You can leave it alone, tape off the end if it makes you feel better about it.

Hope this helps!
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Thanks 304065. Yes, LWB, early 1970. Thanks for the help and confirmation. I'll hook up the clock and see how it goes. Hopefully, one more item off my TODO list.
    Member #2666

Blue wire would be for optional Webasto heater.
    E Sully
    1973.5 911T