Thread: Anyone have purchase experience with www.parts-wise.com ?

Anyone have purchase experience with www.parts-wise.com ?

With the currency changes, looks like www.parts-wise.com might be a good source. They ship internationally.

Johan van Hasseltweg 2 A3
    1022 WV Amsterdam
    Nederlands

Tel : +31-(0)88-1004180
    Fax: +31-(0)88-1004199
    Email : info@parts-wise.com
    Our working hours are:
    Monday – friday 08.30 – 17.00
    Saturday and sunday closed
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

Contacted them in to buy a full body pan. They carried both the Porsche pan and the Dansk pan which I think are the same thing. Discussed at length here on the Registry and some member expressed an interest in bulk ordering. The price varied per the number of pans ordered. Nobody followed up and I went a head and ordered one pan. At first it sounded like they would only take wire/bank transfer despite advertising American credit cards. Eventually relented and took my Amex.

Very pleasant to deal with. Asked for the pan to be shipped here to the East Coast at Port Elizabeth. Delivery was promised in a week. Two weeks went by and nothing. Turns out that the rep I was dealing with was on vacation. When he came back, he checked with Dansk. Say Dansk has withdraw all the pans and would not be stamping new before July 1, 2015. Offered to give my money back. I said no. Project not on critical path so I would wait.

I had tried all over the place to buy a full pan in USA. Not available. However, about five or six weeks ago Sierra Madre started listing them. Figure they must monitor registry and picked up the discussion. Called them and their price would have been about $1,000.00 more that what I had committed Parts-Wise to accept. However, they had none in stock and it would be six to eight weeks for delivery.

Turned back to Porsche again. Had been quoted by local dealers at over $4,000.00 even with a PCA discount. Tried Sunset and the quoted about $3,500.00 for the genuine Porsche version. However, their delay was 2 weeks for shipment from Europe.

So now I am dumping my available fund into the engine rebuild. Looks like that will be finished long before the body. Oh well. Still waiting for my 912 engine to be finished.

But all of the above does not answer your question. I think Parts-Wise is being held up by Dansk. Otherwise the agreed upon price was ideal and they were very nice to deal with. May change my mind as I get close to delivery but I think the prices are right based on Euro variance. Seems to the Euro is going up against Dollar.

I did find there interactive site somewhat hard to deal with. They have diagrams which are great but selecting a part on a diagram can produce several conflicting entries. You get parts listed with o.oo Euros which are generally parts that have been superceded. Using the search function on a word like “pan’ can produces a hundred entries. But if you persist I think you can find your part.

Better than Eckert which looks great, but is a “b–ch” to use. Can’t find anything there since I don’t speak German. Price there appear to be when seeing their adverts in Porsche Classic Mag.

Would I turn to them again? Absolutely.

Tom

Tom

Thanks for the detailed answer. In all of this, I have no specific parts I need immediately but was curious. I appreciate your comments and observations.

Jeff
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

Jeff,

I ordered a little part from them. I live in France, so the shipping BS might be easier for me.

I exchanged maybe 4-5 emails for a simple rear wiper rod. I wanted to know the size of the threaded end, and the guy measured it for me. Contact was good and answered rather quickly. Paid and received the parts in a reasonable time frame.

I would recomand them, just take the time to call/email them to check availability of the item you're looking for.

Olivier

Olivier.

I would NOT recommend them.

I ordered a part listed on their site, but what they sent me was a very cheaply made knock-off worth a fraction of what I was charged for the original item. I emailed them, and they replied that "unfortunately the one you have seen and ordered on our website is no longer available" and they were going to remove it from their online catalog. Fine, but had they bothered to contact me to ask if it was OK to substitute the part, I would have cancelled the order. They claimed they would refund my purchase price after I returned the part, but I had already paid the significant cost of international shipping and since the fault for charging me for a part they didn't have was clearly theirs, I asked them to provide a return shipping label. They simply ignored my email and the several subsequent emails I sent.

This in my opinion is a very dishonest company entirely lacking in customer service. I will never do business with them again.
    1965 911

Though it is a 8 year old thread being revived here my 10 cents…..,

I live in the Netherlands and during the restoration of my 911T I bought often parts from them and there were no complains whatsoever.
    They were both helpful and knowledgeable. However that is some years ago and things do change sometimes, unfortunately. Nowadays I order the basic maintenance stuff like Swepco oil and filters….

Cheers,
    Bart

I also have good experience with Parts Wise, and also great communication and customer service.

Follow up: After two weeks and no less than 5 unanswered emails, I finally received a response from Part-Wise. They ended up fully refunding my purchase price and shipping charges, so although it has been frustrating trying to communicate with them, they did the right thing and satisfactorily resolved the issue. I have removed them from my "naughty" list.
    1965 911

Thanks for the feedback Marker ....

cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

They are about 30 km away from me; Have bought parts in the past from them. Let me try-fit some parts (I suffer from "Owiginal OCD"..). They're good folks. No affil.
    911S 1973
    Early 911S Registry #176