Thread: SWB gearbox studs

SWB gearbox studs

Hi Guys,
    i found a 1967 gearbox for sale. Serial number 104598 so it should be a 901/02. The owner sent me these low definition pics and i cannot understand what kind studs are supposed to be intalled on this gearbox (look also the 2 flanges hooked to the starter motor housing).
    Please someone can help me identifying them?
    Name:  2015-20.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  74.3 KBName:  2015-21.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  87.1 KBName:  2015-23.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  70.5 KBName:  2015-24.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  86.1 KBName:  2015-25.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  59.7 KB

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Are you talking about the output drive flanges?

Hi gled49. I have seen the gearbox yesterday and the flanges have been cutted for some unknown matter. The shafts are inside and the flanges are hanging up to the starter motor housing.
    Thank you

What do you want to do? Remove the remnants of the drive flanges and replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by geracing2000 View Post
    Hi gled49. I have seen the gearbox yesterday and the flanges have been cutted for some unknown matter. The shafts are inside and the flanges are hanging up to the starter motor housing.
    Thank you
    That gear box appears to be fitted with a LSD. Good luck finding the proper flanges. They only came in the Nadella configuration. My guess is that someone was trying to make Lobro adaptors and gave up. This is one of those "good news/bad news" things. The good news is that it has a LSD. The bad news is that it has a LSD.

Regards

Jim

Banned
    Hummm...

Server seems to be on the fritz again.

After seeing the title of this thread I was hoping it was a list of 901 trans rebuilders.

geracing,

Your transmission is exquisite. I would love to own it. If you're interested in selling please PM me.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 04-30-2015 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Nope, it's all about tone Frank

There is a company that makes CV Drive flanges for early LSD's. They are in Santa Ana, and expensive, $1500. Critical Operations 714-258 8544. Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    That gear box appears to be fitted with a LSD.
    Possibly an LSD, but I don't really see that for certain.
    I see what might be the bolt tube of a standard, early 901 diff, which a ZF LSD wouldn't have.
    I think we need a better, closer photo of whatever is in the flange attachment area of this transmission.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA