Thread: project engine ... need advice !! 2,0 to .. 2,2-2,4-or 2,3...

project engine ... need advice !! 2,0 to .. 2,2-2,4-or 2,3...

hi friends,
    i need your advices ... will try to explain all in my poor english hahaha
    first what i have

1. a 2.0 late 68 engine so magnesium but redone ...
    2. a nice set of PMO 40
    3. a very nice set of late 2.0 heads (42/38 32/32) that have been redone and worked to fit 2.2/2.4L , they have also been "flycut ?" 0.5mm

i would like to pep up the engine as i am doing a restoration of my SWB 1968 .
    the engine is not the matching one but 490 numbers away but i would like to use it
    and i dont want to open the bloc so keep the 66mm crank...... so here my dilemma :

i have for more or less at the same price :
    2.2E , 2.2S , 2.4E , 2.4S mahle new pistons and cilinders and a set of 86mm AA cylinders , Nikasil coated, plus custom JE pistons

here what i would like :
    a nice engine with more puch that the 2.0T , i have to say that i am not the big rev guy ..... will use the car to go to work in the good weather ... no racing or rally haaha
    not looking for 250hp , just a nice funny engine --

of course i am also changing the cms and was wonderig if the E cam would be the good choice .....

thanks for any input

cheers
    steve

have to say that the 86mm is a realy nice idea