Thread: Question for literature and or 70s competition experts

Porsche Sport 70 question for factory lit /70s competition experts

Porsche Sport 70. Anyone have info on it? This is a factory publication It was alongside the blue 1970 competition type spares list.

Couple of pics:

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

I have the various Porsche Sport 72,73, 74 books by J. Rusz but this booklet is quite different from that.

Running to about 20 pages it discusses for the upcoming '70 Porsche racing season: the regulations, scoring for international makes championship, legal position, prizes, responsibilities of competition dept, prep services factory offer, spare parts for competition vehicles including 907,908, 910 and 917 in addition the 911/914, the 70 season's racing calendar dates, reason to use of original sporting spares (presumably explains why booklet is with the blue competition spares list), mugshots of the small factory competition support organisation's people who are based in Germany. A map of how to find the department in the brand new location for 1970 location / facility dedicated for that competition department in Germany. It is written in English only.

Lists the '70 Porsche FIA homologated models and includes example suggestions under appendix J for 914/6 and 911S group 3 special GT 2-2500cc.

Is this and the parts list commonly seen literature these days? I'm not a literature expert but I've seen latter from time to time however don't recall seeing another similar little 70 Sport booklet.

There are real Porsche literature experts on this forum e.g. Karim, who has helped me with literature advice in the past, plus other experts -- appreciate any thoughts about this "little booklet" that written for "Porsche sports drivers" of the day.
    Cheers

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 07-10-2017 at 02:42 AM.

From where do you have this?
    To want to, is to be able to.

I am not sure if I have this piece, but I did see it once at least, and it came with the competition parts list and a letter from Porsche sportersatzteilelager (sport spare parts warehouse). I guess it could have come as part of a package for those doing a sports conversion.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Thanks Dave,

Not many responses. Beginning to suspect not many of these booklets around now.

Don't believe I have a letter with my example but iirc the booklet does refer specifically to the blue competition type parts list also photographed in the background. A friend has one of the rare limited edition 911 2.2 S Sport that were only sold in Germany so it might be interesting to him. (One of the relatively few factory cars to that spec, not one adapted by customer for sports or competition purposes). Booklet is English language, had it a long time but not paid it much attention before as era is a couple of years before the 72/3 period I tend to focus on.

Best

S
    Last edited by 911MRP; 07-10-2017 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stefek View Post
    From where do you have this?
    Not sure I understand the question but it is factory competitions department original publication dated Dec 69 that I've had for many years