Thread: Heirplane...you there?

pwd72s

Heirplane...you there?

Just an old guy remembering old times. But if you have conact with Don Kravig? Ask him if he remembers when he had a 914 that scattered engine coolant all over the old "woody creek raceway". That goes way back, and if "Big Don" tells you the truth, you'll enjoy one heck of a yarn..

pwd72s
    Even if he lies & exaggerates...as he has every right to, you'll enjoy one heck of a yarn. Also ask him to reminice about Grady C....

heirplane

Don Kravig

Will do. I know he and his mechanic, Bill, go back to about '64 and the heyday of Riverside Raceway. Didn't know till a couple weeks ago that he is a major NASCAR fan. I find that quite interesting for a Porsche maven.

pwd72s

Re: Don Kravig

NASCAR? The latest issue of STAR, the Mercedes Benz club national magazine has an article saying that Mercedes is going to race NASCAR. It mentions the pushrod engines Penske used at Indy, how a 1,000 cfm zenith carb could be fitted, what drivers to use, etc...then the final line: "An announcement is expected on April 1." Frank Barrett, editor & publisher of STAR has a great sense of humor, and is also a Porsche guy. He was there when Don Kravig's 914 leaked prestone on woody creek raceway. Doubt Don Kravig will remember me, but he will remember Frank...oh yes, you're going to have fun swappig yarns. If you could get a copy of the March/April 2001 issue of Star you could have even more fun...I showed the article to a local mechanic & shop owner, aslo a rabid NASCAR fan...he bought it...until the final line of the article. He was horrified...as I'm sure the Mercedes club members were...just for different reasons. BTW, back in '76, "Big Don" was one hellatious driver! That "slightly modified" 914 flat thundered!