Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R Gruppe to Daytona

R Gruppe to Daytona

Hey guys, trying to get a head count on how many west coast guys would like to go to Daytona for the Rennsport Reunion II. I'm going to see about getting a group air fare, hotel rate, and rental cars.
    With enough advance planning we can make it easy for everyone.
    I am also going to see what I can maybe arrange with Porsche through my dealership.
    Lets make a good R Gruppe showing at Daytona in April 04!

All the best!

Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27

I plan to be there, but I will be driving my car if all goes well. Seeya there.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

I'm in Roger!!!! I also think Stacy Schulman wants to go.

Can't wait!

Rob
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

add 1 more..,

Roger, Add me to the list. I know we all would have a great time!!
    I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Daytona, this will be my time to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Roger, I'm trying to decide on an 'official' hotel in Daytona for us MidWest/Eastcoast guys. Do you have anything in mind (or does anybody have a recommendation)? I also plan to contact Brian Redmond's organization to seek an R-Gruppe parking corral in the infield. -- Curt

Thumbs up Hotel

Hi Curt,

I've never been to Daytona and haven't a clue were to start. By all means it would be great to have all the R Gruppe members at one hotel. At this point I don't think any of us west coasters will be bringing our cars, although I wish I could. If you would like to do the leg work that would be great! Please let me know what you come up with. Lets get all our "Ducks in a row" so to speak we have almost 6 months and counting.

All the best!

Roger
    R Gruppe #27

Curt,

I'm planning to attend the Reunion also, but I can't join you, Dave and others for the drive down because of a commitment the following week. A central location for all the R Gruppe guys would be great. If you would like any help co-ordinating this let me know. I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

We're based in Ormond Beach (10 minutes from track)....so I've got that on my calendar.

Per
    69E

GRMPer - can you recommend a good reasonably priced motel/hotel near the track? Thanks!! -- Curt

Brian - I'll keep ya posted.

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar

Ahhhh....... the PILGRIMAGE!

Not a card carrying Gruppe member, but planning to go. Not sure yet if I'll be driving or flying - if I do drive, It'd be fun to hang with a midwest caravan!

If I fly, I'll be flying to West Palm since I have a place to stay there. I would want a hotel room in Daytona for a few nights though - wouldn't want to miss the night-time festivities!

Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391