Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uncle Zak's

Uncle Zak's

I'm shopping for motor rebuild/purchase options. I've read the motormeister threads, but anyone have experience with Uncle Zak's ? TIA
    http://www.classicvelocity.com
    70 911T Targa
    70 911E
    73 914

If you go flying back through time and you see somebody else flying forward into the future, it's probably best to avoid eye contact....

No direct experience, but I've seen his auctions on ebay. I think they're misleading, or at least the descriptive headlines are. That should be a caution.

Jack
    1972 911S- viper green
    1970 914/6- tangerine
    1967 Ferrari 330GTC- oro chiaro

What size motor are you looking for?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

I'm considering a 2.7 street motor with carbs, but I am open to other options. I don't track the car, and it is relatively stock.
    http://www.classicvelocity.com
    70 911T Targa
    70 911E
    73 914

If you go flying back through time and you see somebody else flying forward into the future, it's probably best to avoid eye contact....

you have a PM
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

I bought an engine w/ car packaging

I had bought a whole car from him as a package deal w/ one of his too good to be true rebuilt 2.7 engines.

I don't own it today. I sold it at a loss. I spent loads of $ and time trying to correct all the really bad mistakes on that car.

too his defense, he said he would have had everything right if I would have been more patient, said he had too many other customers etc. but he'd promised me the car in weeks and I waited months.

I'm just glad the whole thing is over and I still feel guilt a/b selling that car to a really nice guy. I lost a/b $2k on it in just a few months.

BTW, where you live may affect your decision. his warranty was not in writing. and later I was told that if there is a problem w/ his engine, you are to remove it and ship it back at your expense....

ahh hell, think I need a beer now

wit61 - thanks for this post. i made a mental note of uncle zak in re: to potential future engine resources.

fuegos100 - now i am going to have to free up that space for mental notes.

damn.

guess i'm gonna have to build my own engine.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

I rebuilt my own , it can be done without any major headaches! I just wish I had Waynes book when I did it, I think with that it'd be a cinch.
    '71 911S Targa

a few years back I didn't even change my own oil. then I took a few bmw 2002 apart and finally rebuilt an engine nearly all by myself. it really wasn't that difficult. and what I had when I was done was really nice.

I imagine w/ a book like wayne's it ought to be within reach.

Bob, have you ever used ed woo in SF? he helped me out on that zak car. also luis at born2bfast really helped me on the goofy suspension and body work.

paul schuster
    1965 ford econoline van
    1970 911t
    1971 911e targa
    1972 bmw 2002 hot rod
    1973 bmw 2002tii
    etc. etc.

JUst where in Oregon is "uncle Zak"? I've been thinking of going by on a look see some time...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)