Thread: Tomorrow's meeting...

Tomorrow's meeting...

Tomorrow I'll attend our monthly Registry meeting as every month ... and as every month will be baffled at the discrepancy between paid Registry members and registered message board contributors. I just don't get it... The roughly 500 members of the Registry is making possible the use of the 1170 that use the message board ... I realize that a percentage of the 500 Registry members contribute to the message board but come on... certainly not all, and even at that the well over 50% discrepancy is obvious. This message board is the BEST source of information concerning the early 911 internationally... and is the de-facto information point for the R-Gruppe as well. I hate being the one who has to grind on you contributors... I'd much rather be drive'n my old blue car... or finishing the second installment of my rebuild article for the next ESSES... But, without paid Registry members this message board will no longer exist. Please prove me wrong... I'd would love old Fred Truman, our membership data base advisor, to report we now have a paid membership equal to the contributors of the message board... or even that we broke 1000.

So... please contribute to this small community... please help it grow.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/members1.html

... now how do I step off this soap-box?

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

okay, you sold me.
    Early S Reg #675

More than Original
    I am a member so I have done my part. But what are the benefits of joining this club other than 4 newsletters and a sticker? If you look at the event calendar there are no events that are organized by the club, there are no group discounts to events, and no regular meetings that I've been invited to. Where is my money going, I know printing costs are high but if the majority of the money raised is going there why not publish it online? 500 members at $30 a year comes out to $15,000 raised each year . The BBS is good (Pelican's BBS is great) but that seems to be the only thing going for the club at this point.

I am willing to do more than my part, if any of you are interested I would like to propose two monthly get togethers for us in the So Cal area. The first would be a meet at restaurant during the week (Thursday night) for some food and car talk. Just a simple meet and greet possibly followed by a small cruise up or down the coast. The next event I propose would be a get together at Dromo 1 once a month. Your thoughts?
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

I live in Munich. I used to live in Canada. I will never get to a meeting in SoCal. I still think some membership fee is in order, even without meetigs and discounts. I just sent soterik an email asking questions about tool kits and got an answer back within hours. An answer, for that matter, that none of my collection of 911 books could have answered. And that is just one small example.

I would gladly pay the membership fee even without the magazine. I have learned more about these cars from this board than from virtually any other non-hands-on source.

Now let's talk about putting the magazine online and charging everyone the same rate. THAT is a discussion I would join in...
    Early S Reg #675