Thread: Happened at Sebring

Happened at Sebring

I went to Sebring 12 hour race this year, I posted some pictures on another thread when I got back home. I wanted to share something that happened on Friday the day before the race. Just before the start of the Porsche Parade laps, I walked up to my car and found a note that said,
    "Celebrity Concourse Winner" with instructions to stop by the tent to get my award. I thought it was a joke and didn't pay much attention to it.
    Two weeks later, after some research and help from a PCA master, I got the news I had won the Swarovski 911 Carrera Black Diamond (pictured below).
    The judges were:
    B Rahal, R Kussmaul, A Springer, U Brettel, D Robinson, T Bobbitt
    Most of these nemes should be familiar to Porsche guys (and gals).
    I was very happy to hear this unexpected news. What made this more interesting was Mr Rahal nominated my car. He is a former Indy 500 champion and Sebring winner and his acknowledgment was appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344
    collinsgruppe@bellsouth.net

Another picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344

Thumbs up

fantastic !!!!!!!!!!
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thank you, Chuck. How's that roll bar working out? I still don't have mine in yet, but soon, real soon.
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344

Just great thanks...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I should have mentioned in the above post this car is not a concourse car. It is driven nearly every day and at lots of track events. I drive this car so the "concourse" tag was quite funny.

Regards
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344

Absolutely beautiful! I was thinking about blacking out my chrome mirror to go with the rest of the black trim on my Silver over Black '69 T/RS-look and your car just pushed me over the edge...
    Zach Mayne
    1969 911T, 1988 924S, 1985 635CSi, some Alfas and a Fiat....