Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding.. Wanted MFI Parts!

Regarding.. Wanted MFI Parts!

A FEW WEEKS AGO I POSTED THAT I WANTED TO BUY OR TRADE FOR MFI PARTS.. FOR MY EARLY 911's

I NEVER SAID THAT I WANTED THE PARTS FOR FREE OR AT A DISCOUNT!

I AM GETTING TIRED OF THIS CRAP!

IF YOU HAVE THE TIME AND MONEY GO BUY EVERY MFI PART YOURSELVES AND GIVE IT AWAY TO YOUR FRIENDS OR RATHOLE IT FOREVER..

5 WEEKS AGO I HAD NO...NONE... NADA.. EXTRA MFI PARTS!

IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS I HAVE FOUND AND I HAVE PURCHASED (5) - 2.4 LITER 911E AND (4) 2.2 LITER 911S AND (1)- 2.4 LITER 911S MFI PUMPS!

I HAVE ALSO FOUND AND HAVE BOUGHT 10 SETS OF MFI STACKS AND THROTTLE BODIES..

I HAVE SPENT MANY HOURS AND ALMOST $10,000 IN MY MFI SEARCH!!

SOME OF THE SHOPS WHERE I BOUGHT SOME OF THE PARTS SAID THEY HAD DONE RESEARCH AND HAD CALLED AROUND AND THAT $350-$500 IS MARKET PRICE FOR A USED MFI PUMP..SO THAT IS WHAT I PAID!!!!

I NOW HAVE A HUGE PILE OF USED MFI PARTS!!

I WILL PICK AND CHOOSE FROM ALL OF THE PARTS AND THEN PUT TOGETHER THE BEST SYSTEM FOR A 2.2 LITER 911S.. FOR MY 1971 "S"

I WILL PICK AND CHOOSE TO PUT TOGETHER THE BEST SYSTEM FOR A 2.4 LITER 911E.. FOR MY 1973 "E"

AND DO THE SAME FOR A 2.4 LITER 911S!..FOR MY 1972 AND 1973 "S"

I WILL KEEP SOME EXTRA SPARE PARTS AND THE REST WILL BE FOR SALE!!

HOPEFULLY AT A PROFIT!

TO HELP PAY FOR THE PARTS THAT I AM KEEPING..AND OTHER RESTORATION COSTS! IF I GET HALF OF WHAT I SPENT BACK I WILL FEEL LUCKY..

IF YOU KNOW A BETTER WAY TO FIND GOOD USED MFI PARTS.. GREAT!

IN MY SEARCH FOR MFI I ALSO FOUND 3 SETS OF NEW OLD STOCK (NOS) HI HEADLIGHTS AND 2 SETS OF (NOS) THROUGH THE GRILLE DRIVING LIGHTS.. PLUS SOME OTHER RARE 911 (NOS) GOODIES

I FELT THAT THE H1's WERE VERY REASONABLE @ $500 A PAIR SO I BOUGHT ALL OF THEM AS SPARES!! I ALSO BOUGHT 3 SETS OF (NOS) H1 HEADLIGHT RINGS...I HAVE NEVER SEEN THESE SOLD SEPARATELY..

H1 HEADLIGHTS AND PARTS ARE GETTING VERY EXPENSIVE AND VERY HARD TO FIND! MY CARS ARE NOT GARAGE QUEENS! I DRIVE ALL OF MY CARS VERY FAST AND HARD! IT SEEMS LIKE H1's ARE MAGNETS FOR EVERY DAMN ROCK ON THE PLANET..

IF ME BUYING EXTRA PARTS FOR MY 6 EARLY 911's THEN SELLING OR TRADING THE EXCESS IS A PROBLEM FOR SOME OF YOU GUYS.. TOUGH!

GO SCREW YOUSELVES..

PLEASE STOP WHINNING!!

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.

Hmmm

Execmalibu,
    Glad you were so successful with your search for the MFI parts etc, but PLEASE this is a forum for early 911 enthusiasts to communicate with & offer assistance to each other. Your closing comment was unnecessary!!!!!
    Enough said!
    Gary
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

Gary,

Virtually All Of The Early "S" Guys Are Great! I Know A Lot Of Them And They Are Great People.. People Who Love Their Cars (Not Just Their Porsches) And Like Going Fast!

But A Few Of The Group Are Like Old Ladies! Who Keep Poking Away At Me For No Reason And I Am Getting Pissed Off..

I Have Politely Tried To Explain My Situation But To No Avail..

The Guy Who Is Currently Selling The Complete 2.2 "s" Mfi System Is A Nice Guy..i Thought About Also Buying ( I Probably Should) His System But I Already Have Enough Mfi Stuff..

Some Of The Same Guys That Are Whinning About Me Buying Mfi Have Said That System Is A Great Deal.. But They Dont Buy It...

Then If Someone Else Moves In And Buys The Stuff At A Deal They Complain That He Is Not A True "enthusiast" If That Person Resells The Stuff At A Profit..

These Cars And Parts Are In My Opinion Great Investments And A Blast To Collect,own And Drive.. Sometimes Having Spare Parts Is Very Smart..

Sometimes You Find A Car Missing This Or That And You Know That You Already Have The Parts In Your Garage..

When I Accidently Found The Original (NOS) "A" Nardi For My Conv D (#85502) Actually A Speedster "D" For $100.. It Was Like Finding A Gold Nugget!.. I Still Have That Same Wheel Hanging On My Wall 20 Years Later!

Or One Year At The Monterey Historic Races.. I Accidently Found A 550 Spyder/Carrera GT VDM Wood Wheel For $300 In A Box In A Lancia Booth At The Italian Concorse..

The Seller Was Not Sure What It Was For.. He Thought Possibly Early Lancia..

After I Bought It I Mentioned That I Thought Maybe? It Was For A Porsche? (I Knew Exactly What It Was For!)..the Seller Said "Yeah" That The Guy He Got The Stuff From Once Had A Speedster..

A Few Months Later I Needed Money And Hated To Sell The Wheel.. But I Sold The Wheel To A Guy In Italy (550 Spyder Owner) For $4,400..talk About A Great Score!!..

I Think Scoring Rare Parts Is A Blast And Part Of The Fun Of Owning A Rare Classic Car.... Selling Is Good But Finding The Stuff Is The Best Part!!

If I Offended Some Of You I Appologize..

Exec,

In case you are unaware it is completely unneccessary to aquire 4 and 5 pumps to produce a good pump for each of your 2.2S or 2.4E motors.

There are a few vendors who can rebuild and calibrate these for you.

I have a few very rare spoons you may be interested in.

Regards.
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

Exec, best wishes on resolving all of your interpersonal communications issues. And hopefully one day, you'll also learn how to use your caps lock key effectively. Finally, if there's anything early 911-related that you'd like help with, please feel free to ask and I will try, as will the others here, to help you out.

Regards,
    Jim Richards
    Aubergine 1973 911E Sunroof Coupe w/ 2.7RS MFI
    Early 911S Registry Member #589
    GruppeB #911

Next up: "How to win friends and influence people". Instructor: execmalibu
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

And I Am Getting Pissed Off..
    Maybe you shouldn't subject yourself to this purposeless needling any more. It is within your control, sir.

I am suspicious.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Tabs? Is that you in disguise?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Whoever it is, this is boring. If you want to sell parts, post some pictures and get on with it.