Thread: 1969 911E Porsche

1969 911E Porsche

Wouldn't be too hard to put back to original...Not mine...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I saw this car today... so thought I might pipe in.

It is extremely solid & rustfree as far as I can tell, except for a thin spot at the front trunk due to a battery acid leak in the past. The paint is pretty good. It was originally orange although this is only visible in a couple of spots where the paint chipped. All seals were replaced. There is some overspray at the underside of rockers (i.e. near jack points). The pearlescence the owner describes isn't really visible in overcast conditions- it looks like Grand Prix White.

Interior is ok. The SC seats are worn, so would be a good candidate for some vintageseats.com . Headliner is excellent. Dash good except for a small crack at th espeaker grill. There is a hole in the dash where the radio was. Carpet is good, but I don't think correct for a 69E.

Engine is pretty clean, except the mentioned oil leak onto the heat exchangers. It runs very strong with the original MFI. It felt about as quick as my SC... not bad for 140hp!

The owner says it has the original pneumatic suspension in the front, but I didn't know how to identify that. The rear torsion bars are probably 26mm, and Neatrix bushings were done a few years ago. Overall the car felt nice and tight.

The fuchs are fake 7x15's... which is a bit of a shame. I will probably bid, or at least would have, but think that since I will need to allow a good $1500 - $1800 for the correct deep six fuchs I don't think my adjusted theoretical max for the car will cut it.
    [Early 911 Registry #772]

911 E

how can one tell the difference between a fake and a the real fuchs? Just curious

nulh20, thank you for the info, i am very intrested in the car, and you have anwser most of my questions, i will see how high it goes.

how about that front bumper?
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3ASS%3AUS%3A1

sold for $13100 so i would expect quite a bit less for the white one, considering:

fake wheels;
    wrong seats;
    wrong mirrors; and
    incorrect repro front bumper.

also, most folk would also probably want to substitute regular front struts for the pneumatic suspension (i know i would)
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Yes the front bumper is definitely fibreglass. Door pockets are also missing.

auction over - didn't meet reserve.

seller thinks it worth $15k-$18k...
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Yep- from what I gathered in speaking w/ him reserve was probably $15,000 at least.

15K sounds like a lot for that car. I sold a 70 E this summer on ebay for $12.5 everything was correct and in good shape, just needed paint.
    Phil