Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarification on my WTB T, E, S under 30K

Clarification on my WTB T, E, S under 30K

I've been shown some really nice cars for sale but I need to clarify my request. I would like a nice driver under 30K. A "T, E, or S (if you can get a S under 30K). Thank you for putting up with my ignorance on market prices. I've out of the Porsche world for several years now. If you know of a car please email me at mwalker649@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Mike Walker
    69S long gone
    72T long gone
    91 911 Turbo long gone

Good luck, Mike...in your under 30K search for a "perfect" early 911. Ever thought of looking at the 911SC line? Probably the most reliable and long lived of the 911 line...the SC... It's kind of like marrying the girl your mom liked best.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Quote Originally Posted by mike walker
    I've been shown some really nice cars for sale but I need to clarify my request. I would like a nice driver under 30K. A "T, E, or S (if you can get a S under 30K). Thank you for putting up with my ignorance on market prices. I've out of the Porsche world for several years now. If you know of a car please email me at mwalker649@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Mike Walker
    69S long gone
    72T long gone
    91 911 Turbo long gone
    You should call Sweet E, (Dale Thero) in Colorado. The 71E he has for sale is a REALLY nice car. I have know Dale for about 30 years, and he always has great cars and always does take care of them. This car has a repaint, which is not the original color, but with that said, the car is beautiful. Look at his post (71E for sale) just below. You say you want a driver, and this car is a great driver. Take care.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

He's asking for a nice driver, not a 'perfect' car. You can even find a nice rust free 'S' for less than $30K if you are willing to own one not 100% correct. Driver most certainly doesn't mean perfect, just nice and with no issues.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh
    He's asking for a nice driver, not a 'perfect' car. You can even find a nice rust free 'S' for less than $30K if you are willing to own one not 100% correct. Driver most certainly doesn't mean perfect, just nice and with no issues.
    I sold my 70E with 64,000 miles, some repaint on right side, otherwise original, was a sportomatic, now a 5 speed, same interior as this 71E, all original, for $28,500. Dale is asking $22,500, or B.O., for his car, and with a repaint to not original color, I would not call it perfect, I would call it a really nice driver. An E will stay with an S up to 100mph, and you will probably not find an original, matching number 71S with no rust for $22,500, that only has a repaint to non original color that was done this nice.. With that said, I still think it would be a great driver, but not perfect, and for someone willing to spend up to $30,000, this car for $22,500 could be a good buy, let alone the color is killer.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Sweet E's car looks very nice. I'd also recommend you look into it, Mike.
    Jim Richards
    Aubergine 1973 911E Sunroof Coupe w/ 2.7RS MFI
    Early 911S Registry Member #589
    GruppeB #911

Eade is right about the 'S', you probably won't, but it is possible. It still happens occasionally to th patient buyer. The 'E' sounds like a great deal.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I would agree 110 % with Eade, i just bought an S, perfect or one would say perfect for 39 K, the E for 22 plus, is a great buy, seen the pics and for he money is a great bang, the 39 K S is going to be a garage queen, so its no driver, the car was for a client of mine.
    I would go with that E, and plus the owner is a reputable person, must take that into consideration too.My 2 cnts.

What do you guys think about the 1973.5 T? How much would a really good example bring?

Quote Originally Posted by mike walker
    What do you guys think about the 1973.5 T? How much would a really good example bring?
    If you can believe Ebay, there is a great example of a 73T with 47,000 miles, all original, and the current bid is $47,100.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224