Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about the holes?

Darn..we put the engine in the wrong place!

What about the holes?

I have sold my MFI to platas and bought Webers from parcars on Ebay for about $900. I have a question. When I put the Webers on (this will be quite awhile from now since I am involved in either a complete or partial rebuild [I haven't decided which]) what do I do with the holes where the injectors used to be?

Don

Get your injection back and put the injectors back in the holes. What on earth would motivate you to sell off your injection for ITALIAN carbs. The carbs will never run as good as proper set up MFI and never make as much power. You should be grounded for a month.

Darn..we put the engine in the wrong place!
    Sorry I don't want to. Its like when my parents said don't go out with that particular girl. "Shes no good." Then we got married and lived happily ever after. Then they changed their tune.

Don

There was a thread on this decision...

Since the MFI is already gone, you will need to make up some filler plugs for the holes - try to make them flush with the interior surface, tho that may be hard. I wouldn't do anything permanent either, as you may eventually find yourself buying (or trying to buy) another MFI setup...

Couldn't you just insert stainless bolts w/ the same thread count, pitch and depth as the injectors?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Injector plugs

Hello: Just get in touch with Richard at PMO buy the plugs he sells. They are very nice and just screw right in. I like the carbs and MFI as well. The MFI is easier on fuel though. Thanks Eric

The plugs are a stock VW item's,,, sorry,,, dont have the part # handy at the moment.
    Jeff,, Don is a "Rebel without a cause" !!! :-)

Regards, Robert Gross
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by dhopkins
    Sorry I don't want to. Its like when my parents said don't go out with that particular girl. "Shes no good." Then we got married and lived happily ever after. Then they changed their tune.
    Don,

I did the same thing and next summer it will be 20 years with a great woman. BUT, I had the MFI rebuilt and re-installed on the S and RS. Some things you can't be a rebel about.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by schmidt
    The carbs will never run as good as proper set up MFI and never make as much power.
    Herr Schmidt:

There are those that would take you to task for that statement,....

Never "tar everyone with the same brush",....LOL.

Those old Italian carbs do a mighty fine job IF (just like MFI) they are set up properly and make VERY good power. In many cases, they make more HP, especially in the mid-range where you drive the car.
    Steve Weiner
    Rennsport Systems
    Portland Oregon
    E-mail: porsche@rennsportsystems.com
    http://www.rennsportsystems.com

That must be why you wanted to by MFI for you car. HA HA, got ya. Any time you want to drag, I will be there.