Thread: MFI drive shaft seal

MFI drive shaft seal

Last summer I developed a leak on the drivers side of my car. It appears that it is the seal around the MFI drive shaft (cam) where it exits the cam tower. This concerns me a bit as this job was done about 3 years ago. How big of a task is this? Has anyone ever done it?
    Thanks, Dave
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

The part # is 999 113 068 50 The toughest part is getting to the thing and not messing up the timing on the pump. I marked both pullies and the belt. Removed the tin and pryied the seal out with a screw driver. Put a light coating of grease on the new seal and reverse the process. Now that I'm thinking of it I can't remember if I removed the heat exchanger as well?
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Similar Threads

1. 73 drive shaft??
    By JLDAMIANS in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 05:11 AM
  2. Speedometer Shaft Seal Replacement