Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motor Meister??

Motor Meister??

Anyone ever send their engine to motor meister??

The price for a rebuild appears far below antyhing else i have had quoted:

http://www.motormeister.com/suz/rebu..._kit_911_2.htm

Any thoughts would be appreciated,
    Al

It would appear you get what you pay for, regardless what you purchase anywhere.

I would not judge my decision on a rebuilder based on price.... There are very competent and reasonable shops around. Where are you located? We can perhaps reccomend a shop on your general area.

I have not dealt with MotorMeister but tried to buy parts from them (unsuccesfully...).

Cheers, Juan
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Do a search my friend

Big Al~
    This question seems to come up at least once a week on Pelican.
    There are literally thousands of posts/threads on this company.
    Seek & you shall find....
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

Motormeister L.A.

Al,
    my engine was done at Motormeister before i bought the car. as far as i can judge, they did a great job! with regard to the cost, the final invoice was well above what you read in the home-page. But if you want to get more out of your engine, the $$$ start to accumulate.

martin

911 E 2.2 now JE 2.3 and HP 179 and Nm 216 on MFI E set-up!
    -------------------
    Martin Eichin
    1970 911 E 2.3 LTR + 2.4 LTR
    1987 911 Carrera 115'KM
    1995 E 420 115'KM
    R-Gruppe #350
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the info guys!

This really helps. I'm in Chicago and the premier rebuilder here wants $5K to do a valve job on the car (not including rings which will be another $1K). Also indicated the valve job would be 40hrs, which, accroding to Wayne R. Dempsey is what it should it take to do a complete top and bottom end. So, in a nutshell, lots of figures, opinions etc. My guess is that cost for rebuilding these engines in driven more by supply and demand of reputable mechanics than and what people are willing to pay than actual cost of parts/labor.

Motor Meister is a mixed bag of results, mostly skewed to the negative. You hear of cases like P911E70's which are positive, but you hear so many negatives of engines falling apart after 1000 miles, I'd never use them. Again, you get what you pay for.

If you have Motor Meister build you one of their motors using their "experimental" processes designed for reusing parts, you'll save a lot of money short term, with a high level of risk you'll be feeding the engine as much oil as gasoline and rebuilding it again. If you go with MM and insist on all new parts, you'll probably get a reasonable rebuild, but at the same cost as some of the premier builders who frequent this board (like Steve at Rennsport and Henry at Supertec). Al things considered, you would be better off getting the peace of mind from having a well respected builder work on your motor than having a Motor Meister potential time bomb in your engine bay.

The choice is yours and this warning is yours to take or leave. If you go with MM, be forewarned that sympathy will be very, very hard to come by on this board now that your eyes are wide open.

Good luck!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Rebuilds

Hello: I would ask around your area to see who does good work. I would ask the PCA racers as well. You could also check with some of the vintage racers. The price you received on the valve job seems high to me but I don't live in your neck of the woods. I do all my own work and have for years. I've seen some of the so called expert rebuilds and some are complete junk. I would only use a shop that stands by there work and preruns there rebuilds to check everything. Thanks Eric

motor scheister....run don't walk, far away from that place. Too many bad experiences shared in detail over the years at Pelican bbs.

Ponder this: After reading some of the above links to mm stories...and there are hoardes more if you do a search, can you honestly hear yourself proudly proclaiming to the curious, who are gazing at your newly rebuilt engine....

"I had it done at MotorMeister!!!!"

Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335