Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Targa Newfoundland - In-car videos with A.T.

Targa Newfoundland - In-car videos with A.T.

We finally got around to digitizing our in-car video from Targa Newfoundland 2004.

This was in the Touring Class where the objective is to stay exactly on schedule at all times, always keeping to the specified average speed. Checkpoints could be hidden anywhere along the route. You get one penalty point for every second you arrive at checkpoints outside of your ideal arrival time, either late or early.

At the start of the week the speeds were easy and we're given a generous +/- 30-sec cushion on the timing. As the week progresses the speeds got more and more insane and the timing window narrowed to only +/- 6 sec.

The videos are listed in reverse chronological order, so if you want to watch them all in order you need to start on the bottom of the 3rd page.
    http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=70tKAWAn

If you're only going to check out one clip, then try this one (Bishop's Falls) as it was the one where we made the least number of dumb mistakes and almost looked like we knew what we were doing. Bishop's Falls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KVPXeXA5d0

See previous message thread with photos: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ead.php?t=4517

F.T.

I think ErVikingo has us beat with that Daytona footage.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=10287

A.T.
    A.T.
    Early 911S Registry Member #500

Thumbs up

Ya sure, but does he have babes like Nicole Kidman following him around and hanging over his shoulder where ever he goes? No way, eh.

Hey, which of our video clips was it again that has the footage of the "Hooters" girls cleaning our windsheild at that check point? That was a great idea. I think we posted our best time on that stage too, didn't we?

A.T.

AT not fair, I guess I'll have to get the pics with girls posted.......

I beat you at download times at least he he he. Good video but I guess everytime I log in there must be a ton of people trying to watch it.
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Hey Juan

Good to hear from you. Hey, your video rocks. I love the sound of your car. The Targa was the first competition thing I've done in my car. Since then I haven't stopped fantasizing about the day that I get to do what you're doing at Daytona.

The Targa was a blast. This is my favorite stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiOOcd3nMZs

The average speed to get us to the end of the stage on time was only 63kmh/38mph. By about 1/4 distance we were right on time. It was liesurely to that point. Then we got into the twisty bits. At some point the corners started coming faster than F.T. could read the instructions. I just watched for the arrows. I can't image the guys in the Targa class going through there full tilt. I was giving it all we had just to try to keep up to our relatively easy Touring pace. We were 16 seconds late on that one. I think the only other time we were outside of our 6 sec. window was once when we made a huge technical mistake.

It was such a blast.

Cheers

A.T.
    A.T.

Quote Originally Posted by ErVikingo
    I guess I'll have to get the pics with girls posted...
    We want pics!

Quote Originally Posted by A.T.
    the only other time we were outside of our 6 sec. window was once when we made a huge technical mistake.
    He's so polite. That's just his nice way of saying the navigator was a moron...

You guys brothers? AT ; FT ?

He was nice when he called you a moron
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ErVikingo
    You guys brothers? AT ; FT ?
    He was nice when he called you a moron
    Yup, and yup.

On top of all the other smaller errors, I made two really majorly boneheaded errors.

Once I told him he could comfortably ease up on the pace because we were almost 20 seconds early, when in fact we were 20 seconds late. Slowing down didn't really help that situation.

The other time I was pressing the wrong button on my stopwatch. I thought I was hitting the split-time button, which should freeze the display long enough to let me read it, while the clock continued to run in the background. In fact I was pushing the button that actually stopped the clock each time. Our timing was significantly buggered on that stage.

Speed Channel will be showing one hour coverage of the 2005 Targa Newfoundland this weekend.

Sat 2pm Eastern
    Mon 4pm Eastern

check your local listings at http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/

It's worth watching just to see the footage, both in-car and exterior, of John Buffum driving the Subaru STi camera car. There's some Porsche carnage as well.

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by F.T.
    Ya sure, but does he have babes like Nicole Kidman following him around and hanging over his shoulder where ever he goes? No way, eh.

Got my "TO DIE FOR" poster in my office too.
    (Shameless plug - I was the Co-Producer )
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E