Thread: Help! I need to identify a Benz MFI pump

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au

Question Help! I need to identify a Benz MFI pump

Guys,

Please....I am really stuck! Does anyone know anything about Mercedes MFI pumps? We found one on the shelves, tucked away. It's an R19 pump which appears to be complete and in good nic, although I don't know how operational as I reckon we've had it for years...would no doubt need to be rebuilt or at least sent off for checking and cleaning etc. Our pump guys here can only tell me it's off a Benz petrol model 6 cyl (duh!).

I have posted it on evilbay along with a whole lot of other stuff (we are finally having a BIG clean-up):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....e=STRK:MESE:IT

If anyone can help me be sure of its application I would be very grateful; I've had some advice that it could be off a 300SE...but I don't know for sure.

Thanks guys!
    Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

MB MFI Pump

Lisa, don't have your answer but here is a lead:

Metric Motors

http://www.mercedesengines.net/parts.asp

They rebuild MB engines in volume, and I know at least one very high end vintage MB restorer that uses them.

I think you can email them with the part # and they'll get back to you, they may even want to buy it?

Bob
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    Thanks a bunch Bob...

But she's gone on eBay for no doubt a song. But if you could see the huge mess we're making in our clean up and out, you'd understand that in the grand scheme of things "I can't win 'em all"... found some amazing gems, like a VW type 3 dash brand new in its box (RHD). Guess how much and guess where it's going? $710 Aussie and new home in California . And to think a VW wrecker "mate" offered me $50 as a favour...glad I was smarter!

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au