Thread: Factory Option Codes for 1971

Factory Option Codes for 1971

I've been going back and forth with Porsche on my COA since April due to numerous errors on it. I won't bore you with the details. Subsequent investigation by someone at the factory found the following codes on my car's build sheet:

A82

Grady Clay on Pelican noted that Bruce Anderson’s book describes M402 as “Stabilizer bars & Koni shocks, 1973-1976.” This would make sense, because my ’71 T has an S suspension, including Koni shocks and stabilizer bars. I’m not that bothered that the years above do not include 1971. As Porsche has told me, their records are poor and often codes changed throughout the years.

I could REALLY use any help on the remaining two codes, A82 and 102. Porsche don't know what these codes mean. Anyone on the board able to help out? This is my last place to check and it would mean the world to me if anyone had an idea.

Thanks, in advance.

John

Registered User parced@telia.co's Avatar
    Looking in the RS book, that is covering the Carrera RS 1973, 102 is to be understood as two stage rear window heating. I thinkt that option was only coming with green windows. The A code could, if my memory does not fool me, have something to do with country specific configurations. That is a given set of features on all cars for the UK market for instance. Not sure about how this where coded.

And does anyone know what "Option Group G26" was?

Thanks,
    Mike

I feel your pain...

Quote Originally Posted by mjk911
    And does anyone know what "Option Group G26" was?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike, I've been trying for about a year now to figure that one out- my car has it listed as an option, but it's unverifiable so far...It seems that Porsche ended up reassigning some of the old option group numbers, so you may get different answers depending on who you ask. I think it may represent the "S" Appearance Group option, but I'm not entirely sure- the only reason I mention this option is because it's something my car has that was not linked to any of the options Porsche came up with when they did my COA. Then again, it seems that this issue is quite common anyway...

The elusive G26 option code continues it's reign of confusion...
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245

"102 is to be understood as two stage rear window heating. I think that option was only coming with green windows."

Awesome! NOW we're getting somewhere, as my car has the dual-stage rear window defroster and green windows.

One left: anyone know what A82 is? I'm so close

Thanks,

John