Thread: E & T heads are identical for 2.4?

E & T heads are identical for 2.4?

Just found Kenikh's spreadsheet and i/e port and valve size are identical for E and T heads. Any other differences?
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Some 2.4Ts would be set up for MFI, and others for CIS.
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

And the German ones had Zeniths
    Phil

Besides the induction differences the MFI T heads also didn't have 32mm ports like the E heads as is often stated. They were actually 29mm and 30mm.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Head valve sizes for the 2.4T and E models were also the same as 2.4S.
    Only difference with the heads were the intake and exhaust ports. The T was 30mm, the E was 32mm and the S was 36mm.

Quote Originally Posted by berettafan
    Just found Kenikh's spreadsheet and i/e port and valve size are identical for E and T heads. Any other differences?

So MFI T's had 29/30 ports, Carb'd T's had 32/32?
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Hello: The 2.4 T MFI heads are the best ones to port and will flow better than the S heads with the same port sizes. Just thought you may want to know that. Thanks Eric

Hmmm.......interesting. I don't yet know what i have but will be removing carbs hopefully this weekend. Motor case is a '72 T (euro) IIRC.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

Quote Originally Posted by berettafan
    So MFI T's had 29/30 ports, Carb'd T's had 32/32?
    As far as I know, all T's (MFI, carb's CIS) had 30mm porting. All E's had 32mm porting.

Update:

Measured the intake port w/ my new $15 harbor freight digital calipers and got 33.5mm. Porting was clearly done on the heads as you can see the pattern but, i thought, why 33.5?

Well i am actually measuring the spacer, not the head port itself. Turns out there is a little lip on the spacer so maybe i have 34mm. Unfortunately the spacers don't want to just 'pop' off and i'm leary of having dirt fall in so i may just accept that i have something larger than 33.5.

Next task is to locate a zblock to go with my $21 harbor freight digital dial gauge and measure valve lift. Armed with this info i will probably be sending my distributor to Henry at Supertec for a rebuild and verify optimal curve.

This stuff really is quite fun btw. It is very satisfying to be learning so much about my car.

Erik
    Erik

Early S # 1107