Thread: How much work to replace floor pan?

How much work to replace floor pan?

Looking at 68 911. Owner says area under pedals is rusted and should be replace.

-is there a vendor that sells a replacement piece that can be welded in?
    -is that same piece as floor pan?
    -how much work to replace floor pan? very complex or simple welding?

Floor pan replace

take a look here.
    http://members.aol.com/darryld/912JAN06.htm
    Darryl in Seattle has been doing panel replacement on his car. This is one of the best documentaions of the process I've seen.

Enjoy.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

The pedal area is a seperate peice.
    www.restoration-design.com
    They have this peice.
    Bob

I don't know if '68 is the same as '69 but if it is I have a repair panel available:
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=306468

-Scott
    -Scott
    1987 911 turbo
    In the past - '71 T, '77 S 3.6, '80 SC, '88 3.6 cab

I just spoke with Bill at Restortion Designs the first of this week. He says he is out of the pedal patch section untill the middle of Jan. On another note on R-D. I have been waiting for my frount pan section for at least 31/2 months. He promissed to ship out this last Monday, still have not seen it. It's only a day away by UPS . The thing is the order has been paid in full since I placed the order. Has has told me twice now that they would be shipped. And twice I have halued the car into the body shop to take up space. Only for the parts to not show up. Just venting.
    Regards, Bill
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by asianbond
    Looking at 68 911. Owner says area under pedals is rusted and should be replace.

-is there a vendor that sells a replacement piece that can be welded in?
    -is that same piece as floor pan?
    -how much work to replace floor pan? very complex or simple welding?
    My instincts tell me you are referring to the 66 911 on EBay.
    The pedal cluster is not a big deal if you have the replacement part. But chances are when the area around the pedal cluster on driver's foot area is cleared out you will find more. The pictures of the 66 on EBay show that his pedal area is clearly in need of replacing. However, he does not do us the honor of removing the carpet area around the inner rockers where there is a good chance that more exists. Or underneath the car where the real exposure to the elements is. It is also not uncommon to have water trapped in the rear floors or the rear seat area. When the seats are rear package tray area are involved, the rust repair work becomes exponential.
    For floors, the entire floor replacement metal comes in front and rear pieces separately, and Restoration Design sells both. If the floors are significantly rusty on other areas, rather than try to islolate the areas, you are better off just cutting the entire floor out at the seams and welding in a new floor. If it's done right, the only way someone will be able to tell that it was replaced is because it looks "too clean".
    Slap some undercoating under (and over the floor) and this will be the last time you ever have to worry about it.
    The rest of the body doesn't look too bad, but Florida cars with floor rust almost always are hiding worse problems. Buyer beware.

Bill, I'm feeling your pain on the RD scandal. A lot of people here are true believers in his 'camp' but a sloppy operation like that shouldn't be rewarded with loyalty. Get your money back and buy elsewhere.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330