Thread: Q: correct radio and aerial for 67 911S?

Anthony West #1079

Q: correct radio and aerial for 67 911S?

The car currently has a non working modern radio, and I would like to again install a correct radio and antenna for the car. I understand several radios were correct, for example the Blaupunkt Koln (signal seeking) - but there seem to be different Blaupunkt Koln radios. Can anyone please give me more insight into this topic (and maybe even send me a picture of the correct radio), also with some info on what is the correct manual Hirschmann aerial would have been. Anyone have an idea where I could buy these? Thanks!

Check out this site, I have bought from them and where happy with the products and service. I can see from their site that they have some very nice correct NOS radios and most of the radios are from the 60's and 70's. They are located in Spain.

http://www.oldautoradio.com/

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

What I would do is look in the acc. broch which radios (Blaupunkt, Becker) were offered for your year. Than sort out which letter/code the serial number has to start with, than keep an eye out on eBay or a swap. I think you will find a better deal there.

Re. the hirschmann areal. You most likely will need the one w/ the black mushroom (which can be pulled off, so a small chrome tip is good as well).

Last when you have your original Kardex (factory information sheet) and a radio was installed by the factory, it will tell you which radio was in your car.

Good luck.

Richard

they are also very good:
    http://www.koenigs-klassik.de/indexe.html
    (has 911 Blaupunkt Frankfurt for Euro 280.- and Hirschmann aerial Euro 85.-)

Check kardex (AMAG number for swiss cars only) for correct radio of your 67S or:
    -Blaupunkt: Frankfurt, Frankfurt for United States, Köln, New Yorker
    -Becker: Monte Carlo, Europa, Mexico
    You can find their individual manuels and radio service booklets on Ebay.

Source:
    Patrick Paternie, Porsche 911 Red Book 65-2000, ISBN 0-7603-1960-X, $14 only.

BTW: by using "Search" button on top of post you might find additional infos for this topic.
    BTW: where are you located in Switzerland ?
    Registry member No.773

old softie67S

correct radio

My 67S has a build date of 2-67. My Kardex list the original radio as a Frankfurt # 548249. the date code was not given. Hope that helps.