Thread: Fuel Filter for Carbs

Regis turd ab user

Fuel Filter for Carbs

Looking for in line fuel filter ( 10 micron or better) for my 2.7 w/webers.
    Currently using a stock Mahle. What do you guys recommend and where to purchase?
    Thanks, David

Regis turd ab user
    All you carb guys and, nuthin'?
    I don't get it, I've got an idea but was hoping for others

You wil be best off with a filter and water trap, also a pressure regulator. Talk to Steve at Rennsport he has everything you need. Search the Pellican web board.

Here's one low-tech solution.

See-through glass filter (Holly) for 60 micron debris followed by a replaceable filter element from the LAPS; optionally, one of the latter for each carb. Inspect, replace and clean at regular intervals.

In addition, Weber carbs prefer 3-4 psi max. PMO has a fuel pressure gauge/fuel block that's convenient to have. Mount the fuel pump down low, next to the gas tank. PMO also carries a FPR if needed.

Sherwood

Quote Originally Posted by 911s55
    Looking for in line fuel filter ( 10 micron or better) for my 2.7 w/webers.
    Currently using a stock Mahle. What do you guys recommend and where to purchase?
    Thanks, David
    David:

I use a Racor 110a which is an aluminum filter housing with a removable 10m media. It also functions as a water separator which is SO important for carbureted installations.

I do stock these but a "Google" would likely turn them up, as well.
    Steve Weiner
    Rennsport Systems
    Portland Oregon
    E-mail: porsche@rennsportsystems.com
    http://www.rennsportsystems.com

Racor

Steve,

Do you have a recommended installation for the Racor 110 unit? By the fuel tank or in the engine compartment?

A photo would help.

Thanks,

Bert
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Well, I have been doing Weber rebuilds for over 25 years (Christ! Has it really been that long?) and just use a simple Knecht KL-11 filter with no problems. Maybe some times less is more?
    Bernd Buschen
    R Gruppe # 357
    71' 914-6 Original Owner
    70' 914-6 GT Stoddard Built
    69' 911E Scott's car
    70' 914-6 Sold

I was pointed to this simple option by an old-timer who knows. These are about 3 inches in diameter, so lots of filter area, and are available anywhere. They are intended for early 90's Lincoln Town Cars!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thou shalt not useth a clear glass fuel filter lest it fracture in an accident and gush Hydrocarbons onto your shorted electrical system, which shall surely cause your car to return to the Earth.

Malpassi filter king with aluminum bowl and integrated pressure regulator.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen