Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q: looking for a street sport exhaust for a 67S

Anthony West #1079

Q: looking for a street sport exhaust for a 67S

Hi,
    I am thinking about getting a stainless steel sports exhaust for my 67 911S.
    Any views on what I should be getting and who produces high quality and ideally hp enhancing systems for street use?
    Thanks!
    Anthony

SSI are considered the "right" choice for your heat exchangers (IMHO). If you don't need heat, you can always go the header route. LOTS of muffler choices but I like Dansk; their polished stainless unit is gorgeous and sounds like you want it to. Don't expect big gains in HP however- the factory system was more than adequate for the 2.0 in your car.

If you can find an original mild steel single layer Leistritz you'll love the way it sounds, much different than the modern replacements.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

The factory sport pipes are awesome.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Any photos Kenikh ?

The nice thing about the factory sport pipe is that you can typically MAKE one with an old muffler. The factory even had a spec book on how to do it and end up with the same results as one built by Porsche. Here are some photos of a real one. When I bought it, I wasn't sure it was factory built, but my mechanic says it is nice enough to be nearly positive. That said, if you can weld or know someone who can, building one is a piece of cake.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Kenik, Is there a brand marking on that muff? The indent on the back is unfamiliar to me.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

Factory Sport Pipe

In my parts manual it show two sport kits, one with an exhaust and one without. On that photo of Kenik's, would that be the exhaust you would have received as part of the Factory Sport Kit?

Sport kit II exhaust

Here is the link with the exhaust which was offered for the sport kit II.
    http://early911sregistry.org/forum/s...ad.php?t=14135
    It is for race only as there is no muffler at all! Your neighbors won´t like it!!
    Claudius

Quote Originally Posted by tfiv
    Kenik, Is there a brand marking on that muff? The indent on the back is unfamiliar to me.
    I'll have to look again; I receall there was, but it was very shallow (stamped) and I could not read it very well.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389