Thread: 904

I bought another old racer and am checking around to see if anyone can assist in helping to put the car's history together. The car is 904-31. Here are the specifics:

Year 1964
    Make Porsche
    Model 904 Carrera GTS
    Chassis No 904-031
    Engine No P*99018*
    Gearbox No 904-032
    Gearbox type 904/0
    Color Silver Metalic
    Interior Standard blue cloth seats/gray panels
    Registration FR-CY 111
    Mileage 44,549 kilometers (27,681 miles)

The car has been off the road for the most part since 1969 and has never even seen the inside of a restoration shop from what I have been able to gather. Below is what I have gotten from Porsche and others:

Completed as a "domestic use vehicle" road-registration issued at delivery "FR-CY 111" Recorded sold new Dr. Peter Ruby 27.02.64

31.05.64 1000kms of Nuburgring Ruby / Gregor No. 64 DNS

08.05.65 Nurburgring International GT Ruby 5th OA

23.05,65 1000kms of Nuburgring Ruby No. 76 DNF

28-29.08.65 Marathon de la Route Ruby 11th in class

Original scrutineering stickers and entry stickes from the races are still on car as of February 2006.

From 1966-1969 used on the road no other races recorded by Porsche. Car was acquired by Yokota Museum in Shikoku, Japan 19 years ago with 44,000 original kilometers not driven since 1993. I got the car from the Museum.

I tried attaching some of the pre-purchase inspection photos but am not having any luck. I will email them to anyone who asks.

Any assistance with the history of this car will be greatly appreciated.

Warm regards,

Bill Noon

Bill,
    Congrat's, can not wait to see pictures. These are the most seductive of all the Porsche competition cars, IMO. (906 is not bad.) Please share info as it is uncovered.
    Regards,
    Bob Aines

Sorry Bill I was only able to come with one point of reference for 031 and that's in the Olczyk/Morris 904 book ... which you probably have

Hey....... I'll save you the time to scan the page...

Cheers, and good luck with the purchase
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Nice find Bill....I'll trade you my '72E and my marble collection for it.
    Mike B.
    1972 911E #414
    Early S #1065

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the nice comments. Thanks Chuck as always. I relied mostly on the info from Porsche for the pre-1969 information. I will try and post photos again when I get back to the office.

I am waiting on Customs for the import approval but hope to have the car around the 12th of April.

I have two more RS 2.7s coming in at the same time. Both are matching number touring models and both are nice drivers. We are going to offer them at $179K each if anyone knows anyone looking for such things.

Cheers,

Bill Noon