Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.2S specific rubber parts

2.2S specific rubber parts

Hello,

I am looking for some specific rubber seals for the 2.2S only oil pipes. These are not shown on the PET. There are two in the engine bay and two in the front right wing closer panel. They seal around the oil pipes to body.

Does anyone have a source for these. I am looking for 8 as I am restoring 2 RHD 2.2S at the moment.

Here is a pic of where the front ones are placed

Thanks

Alan

oil pipes

Hello-- Try Stoddard in USA.. Phone- 1-800-342-1414 Fax: 440-946-9410, WEb site: www.stoddard.com. Regards Chris Early S reg. #205 Also a 2.2 911S owner.

Try this site for Porsche rubber.

International Mercantile

http://www.netsv.com/im/

Good luck with your project.
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

sunroof

I saw your post, and I was thinking about my same 2.2 '70S project. Coincidently, sunroof also. My oil cooler was NOT repairable after removal. Luck happened my way when a fellow Rgrupper had an xtra front fender oil cooler. Currently we're doing the interior. Good luck with your recondition, and I personally would like to see your periodic updates. Cheers
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Hi,

Thanks for the links. I will update with some more pictures soon. I am plan on developing the web site soon (not yet up and running) with some of my restoration work soon as I am also restoring a 67 S and a 73 E Targa.

In case your interested here is a pic of the car pic in my first post when it was on the jig

and the other 2.2S I am restoring..... not for the faint hearted!

Thanks

Alan

You know you're in for a loooooooong project when you have to make a frame to hold the car together as you remove panels. It's like cutting the floor out of a speedster and having to weld beams into the door jambs to keep the car from folding.

I am hereby naming that car The Skeleton.

You, sir, are a brave and noble soul. Please keep The Skeleton updates coming.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Any updates on "The Skeleton"?
    1997 993 C4S, Not totally stock
    2015 GTI
    1991 E30 M3
    1970 911T, Lilly. Slate Gray 3.2ss PMO etc Sold!
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ect-lilly.html

Early S Register Member #1386

Hi,

Thanks for the update post. Things have progressed but this car is now on the back burner as it is my own car and I have customer’s cars to do. eg this one (which is now done) and was prob one of the most rusty 911s ever to be restored

plus a several others eg this lightweight very unique 72 car

and this 70T http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23152

But for now the skeleton 2.2S still looks like this after being blasted.

I will post more pics once work starts again. But once finished it will look exact like this car(the sill trim is now fitted!). We fully restored this RHD 2.2S last year, and most interestingly this car was the very next car to come of the production line after the skeleton car and is exactly the same spec, same colour, option list everything. They are twins!

Thanks

Alan

2.2S specific rubber parts

Alan, have you heard the expression "grandfather's ax" that's what seeing the depth of your work reminds me of. Amazing work, glad to see yet more cars saved!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

....I am plan on developing the web site soon ....

Alan,
    Anything further on this ? ....

Ed,
    There were relatively few RHD 911 S made and as too many have succumbed to the tinworm over the years,its great to see Alan performing these rescues.
    Fortunately my 2.2 S absconded to the colonies here before any of these atrocities could occur !!

Cheers,
    Dennis.
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44