Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Edition of "Esses" due

Next Edition of "Esses" due

It has been a while since I last received my copy of "Esses". I'm wondering if it has been heisted from my mailbox? or just hasn't gone to press yet?
    Joe

--------
    '69 E Targa "Roxie"
    Early S #937

Quote Originally Posted by joetiii View Post
    It has been a while since I last received my copy of "Esses". I'm wondering if it has been heisted from my mailbox? or just hasn't gone to press yet?
    I didn't receive my last issue either..... or for that matter my last issue of excellence. We must have the same postal route.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Lightbulb

Hey guys,

The last issue of the ESSES (Vo.18 No. 4 - Winter, 2008) was posted a while ago. If you have not received it please get in contact with Fred Truman at:
    fctruem@verizon.net

The next issue will be going to the press this week (we wanted to get in the Lit Fair/Swap pictures) ...... AND it's promises to be quite the BIG deal...

In fact...
    If you're not a paid member of the Registry, THIS coming issue of the ESSES just might be enough to change your mind.........

Cheers,
    Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thumbs up Vol. 19 No. 1 ....... Get ready

S Registry members.....

The latest issue of news letter/magazine, the ESSES , will in the mail tomorrow!!!!!!

Not to give anything up, this issue starts a major change in our publication and a BIG step up for the club.....

We would love to hear your thoughts once you've had some time with it....

Please post'm right here when you have a chance.......

Those of you who not members of the club that brings you this message board ....... well, what can I say. Except, this time you might reconsider just to receive our new quarterly news letter.....

Cheers,
    Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Chuck --

I just got the new edition of ESSES and all I can say is --

WOW!!!

Congrats to you, Mr. Tilton, Mr. Dilger and anyone/everyone else who worked on it.

Brilliant!
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

I'll comment more later, after work, now that it has been printed and delivered. I wanted to keep quiet about my involvement until people had them in their hands.
    For now I will just say it was an EXTREME pleasure working with the ESSES staff.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Really impressive work.

Porsche has always been a very design-forward kind of company. The ESSES cover rates right up there with any of the 60 or so years of dynamic Porsche images.

Great freakin' job. Really.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Thanks Sandy for the kind words.

I'll try not to repeat myself too much since I have a "blurb" on pg 23 of the new issue but a few "thanks" worth repeating:

Thomas Kuby for all his previous efforts and contribution to the publication.

John Dilger, Sylvia Salenius, Chuck Miller, Michael Hammond and Fred Trueman for all they do for this wonderful publication and club. There are more but these are the people that I worked with in the last 3 months.

John Gray and John Goriup for their content contribution in this issue.

"Yes" - I have signed on for 4 issues as the new Art Director/Graphic Designer and "yes", ESSES has changed. The obvious: it's larger - 8.5 x 11. It's on nicer/heavier stock - glossy 80# CVR/80# TEXT. It has a new format.

We've been working real hard for the last 3 months and I think everyone involved is real pleased...and we hope you guys are as well. We hope to have spring boarded off what has always been a great publication in that it is a "personal" and "early 911 concentrated" publication. I'm just here to make it pretty, throw out some ideas, doodle up some illustrative covers, lend a few snap shots and provide some chicken scratch "writings".

We hope the paying members enjoy the ESSES subscription. We hope to have created something special to entice more subscriptions.

I welcome all feedback. You can email me at tilton101@comcast.net.

Please enjoy a few sample pages:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Wowsa!

This issue is fantastic!

Great work and congratulations to all involved.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Wow

Great job guys. Really like the new style and articles. For the marketing guys, I really like the new advertisements.

Bob, now I know why you wouldn't comment so much on the rear parcel.
    Olin - Member #1375
    ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░
    1972 911T

Original
    -117 Light Yellow -15x6 Fuchs (9120/M400) -S Appearance (M470) -5 Speed Transmission (9590)

Options added
    -Houndstooth Sport Seats (M409) -Rear sway bar (9228)
    -H4's -BTB Fog Lts (M429) -Amber TTG Driving Lts (9420/M432)
    -380mm Steering Wheel -Becker Mexico -Roof Mounted Luggage/Ski Rack (9503)
    -A/C (M559) -Rear Fog Lt (M571) -Rear Wiper (9290) -Wheel Trim (M426) -Footrest (9563)