Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi SPORT quattro

Audi SPORT quattro

Todd
    '71T 3.2 Spec 911 #806
    '69 BMW E9 Coupe

Yes, super nice.
    I've always liked this model.

Every once in awhile, we get to see a red one that is based out of Carrera Motors in Bend, Oregon.
    It's red....and so, so awesome.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Love the sportQ. Almost bought one back in the dot com days - oh well.

Nord Stern Region of PCA....west coast side of Region
    Quote Originally Posted by Todsimpson View Post
    There was a family of Father, Mother, several brothers and a sister from the Mpls. area that had 4 ? of these, along with 3 - 959's.
    They were the founding members of the Audi Club.....The Frank Beddor family.

Had a ride in a red one at the track at Brainerd Int. with Steve Beddor and the car was a real rocket. It had a fair amount of body roll but was still very tractable and made much in the way of H.P. Loved the way it sounded on over-boost. They put down some VERY fast time at the D.E.'s
    The cars were all tracked at the local PCA and Quattro Club events.....John Buffum came up and did a few schools promoting the Club and Audi.

The 959's stayed in Europe and were their get-away fun.

Wonder what ever became of the ones they used to own....???

Anyone out there have one of the Beddor cars ?
    Best Regards,
    mrgreenjeans
    member # 1503

-'68 -912 Red
    -'74 -914-2.0 litre - Sunflower
    -'82/83 -944 -M404 - Guards Red
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Guards Red -Weissach Prep. -H52
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Zermatt Silver
    -'84 -944 -M404 - Sunroof Delete - Ruby Red
    -'85.2 - 944 -M456 -Zermatt / Sport Purposes
    -'86 -944 -R74 Spt.Touring Pkg - White/Burgandy
    -'88 -944 - Jubilee Ltd. Ed. -Satin Black Met/Grey Plaid
    -'88 -911 - Tourist Delivery -Venetian Blue
    -'89 -944 Turbo M030 - Satin Black Met.

2004 20th Frank Beddor Audi Club Nationals at Brainerd Raceway.

I was the Art Director for the event and was given some hot laps in Steve Beddor's 450+ hp Lehmann prepped white Sport Quattro, Speedline rims, Goodyear racing slicks and all. 155 mph+ into turn 1

Audi Sport quattro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ7zraFuoRs

John Buffum was invited by Frank Beddor to come out, but was busy at the time and his son Paul Choinere and Vermont crew came instead. The boys back home brought out John Buffum's 1992 Audi S2 Camino de Incas winning rallye car. When I was flown out to the event I didn't know that my local friends were coming. Imagine my surprise when I was enlisted to hang out and help trace a faulty race fuel pump on the S2.

Audi S2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcRzLMfmhYU

Paul had the S2 into 5th gear BEFORE the start of the loooong straight (short rallye gears) and would have to bounce it off redline the 1/4 mile distance, very fun to hear on full throttle.

Randy Pobst was the other guest driver and he took the wheel of a students' father's 911 GT3 that just showed up to watch his son participate in the DE. I overheard that Randy gave the father quite the ride and was approved to test further...

Testing the 911 GT3 to make sure it worked fine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dDnlMYqmdE

Steve Beddor and the whole Beddor family are really nice. Frank is missed by all they still own the Sports.

Thompson - is or is not Buffum's S2 for sale right now? Apparently it is advertised somewhere but a friend called and was told it is not for sale?

Oh, thanks for those links. Pobst is wringing out that GT3!

I was listed on Libraracing.com a while ago. I'll stop by and ask :-) this weekend.

Ok, well several weekends later... summer is just flying by!

I stopped by and talked with John today. "No Audi quattros for sale Thompson". Ok, that settles that!

1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

When they make an announcement that they're returning to the WRC, I'll get excited

I think they did a great job on this car. It would have been easy to simply take an A5, add some token boxflares and stuff an off-the-shelf V10 in it and wind up with the usual overweight, over-powered wannabee. But they did a proper short wheelbase car, kept the weight almost the same as the original Sport and went the extra yard by building an awesome 5 cylinder turbo. (note to BMW: take the challenge and build a lightweight, normally aspirated 4-cylinder M3 concept!)

My only complaint is the mainstream styling. If and when this comes to market it is going to be priced in the stratosphere alongside the R8. Only the hardcore will write the check when they could have a swoopy R8 for the same money. So why not go a little further with the rally theme? I was hoping for something more along the lines of this design sketch: