Thread: Viper green

Viper green

I am having my car painted. It will be Viper Green painted in Glasurit. I am finding two codes, the 3838 which I believe is coupe and 225 which would be targa. Is there any difference in color or shade? Also I am concerned because I searched on Glasurit web site and if I type in 225 it shows Porsche Viper Green but it appears to be kelly green and also if I move my cursor over the word viper green it pops up with kelly green. Which code should I give to my body guy? My car is a being done in another state so I cant just shoot over there and check out the colors. Thanks for your help.
    Bryan

The 3 digit number is called the color chart number, the 4 digit is called the paint code. Just to make this particular color more confusing, in the Porsche color sample catalog, 225 and 3838 (coupe) or 3810 (targa) is called both viper green and emerald/kelly green. It could be a translation issue or another possibility is a marketing reason. I believe viper green was used in '73 with the introduction of the RS and emerald green was used in '72.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Brian is spot on - it's a translation / marketing issue. This site is sometimes useful:

http://www.elferhelfer.com/farben.htm

Good luck with the repaint - when I did mine it was an agonising process!

Philip
    --
    1973 911 Carrera RS #496
    Early 911S Registry #1808

Mines is a 72 coupe, original code 225 viper green.
    Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Steve

225 can be known as Kelly or Viper. Turns out there are no good paint formulas out there for Viper. At least none I could find.

When I mixed the paint for the '72 E coupe being sold elsewhere here, I 'amplified' the color a bit. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to photograph and display correctly in the digital world.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Mine too. Awesome color, but just wear sunglasses on sunny days when looking at the car
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445