Thread: 911 steering hub extension

911 steering hub extension

Hello,

I have a vintage Momo Prototipo with an original Momo Hub in my '72 911 and would need a hub extension with 100-120mm.

Zuffenhaus is offering a steering hub with 80mm extension: https://www.zuffenhaus.us/cgi-bin/co...action&key=202

Does anybody know where I might get these with 100-120mm?

Many thanks,
    Christian

Hi Christian,
    I have an early solid Momo hub and it looks to be about 60mm. I also JUST found an extension but it's only an inch which would put the two together at about 86mm. I've seen some nice extended hubs over the past few years but they're pretty difficult to find available for sale. If possible, post a photos of the hub you have.

If there is enough of a demand, it would be cool to have something fabricated by one of our talented members.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Thanks Mark.

I have an early solid genuine Momo hub on my Prototipo too. Can you confirm that this hub has around 60mm extension so going with the 80mm version from Zuffenhaus would give me an additional 20mm?

As I will not have access to the car during the next days taking photos or measurements would be difficult.

Christian, I need to turn over a few more 'rocks' on this.
    In the meantime, here's a couple of photos I took. I don't have my 1 inch extension yet but as soon as I get it, I'll post some photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

I got my spacer finally and it turned out to be incorrect for Momo.

Here's a hub I found on ebay Germany... not sure if it's correct but it's the longest i've seen in sometime...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Mark-Would your spacer fit a nardi/personal?

I just put this on the BMW and it's a little close to the dash...

Todd
    '71T 3.2 Spec 911 #806
    '69 BMW E9 Coupe

If you have a friend with a drill press and lathe these are not terribly difficult to fabricate. Turning a small piece of aluminum (available from onlinemetals.com among others) to the exact size you need is a cinch; the only challenge is getting the holes lined up properly. But if I can do it, anyone can. Think this cost about $25 and two hours of time.
    jhtaylor
    santa barbara
    74 911 coupe. 2.7 redone by Competition Engineering; ported to 36mm, shuffle-pinned, boat-tailed, Elgin mod-S cams, J&E 9.5's, PMO's.
    73 Targa (much beloved, sold and off to a fine new home in San Francisco)