PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Washington "Evergreen" Region

Scooter 911
01-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Thank you to the Early S Registry for providing our early car enthusiasts here in Washington a forum to discuss events and other topics relevant to the Pacific Northwest.

We are lucky to have quite a large amount of early cars here in Washington. I am hopeful that this forum will help us become a more cohesive group.

I am currently the regional director for Washington. If anything exciting is happening: be it a drive, a meeting, working on cars, or any other car related event, please post it here or PM me with details.

Thanks and enjoy our new Forum!

AlfaGTA
01-20-2011, 12:54 PM
The first Saturday of each month from 0800-1000 Griot's Garage hosts Caffeine and Gasoline. They are located in Tacoma at 38th and Union Ave. Coffee and doughnuts are served, and usually a very nice street or race car is available for close examination. For the last few events, the parking lot has been full of interesting cars. No affiliation. It's worth a visit. Bill Morris

RickS
03-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Any other guys been to this?

MountainRoads
03-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Hey Scooter, et al:

I really hope to attend this event and meet you guys sometime soon. Unfortunately, my schedule makes it sometimes difficult. The other problem is my air-cooled ride is stored on the other side of the mountains. Frankly, my 911 is much happier over there with the less traffic and fun, open roads. BTW - I highly recommend the old road (Highway 10) between Cle Elum and Ellensburg. Great place for a car to stretch it's legs along the Yakima River.

- MR

gregbus
04-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Hey everyone...I'm just another newbie early owner in Washington. Though I'm familiar with Porsche, I've only had the car a week and I'm like a kid in a candy store with it:)

Jeff Higgins
04-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Welcome aboard, Greg. Glad to see the car is finally up and running, and that you are enjoying driving it. Looking forward to driving with you sometime.

gregbus
04-17-2011, 06:53 AM
Hey Jeff...thanks for the welcome! I should be driving everywhere before too long. I'm really looking forward to go out with ya in the new wagon:)

combatic
08-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Bryan...checking in.

X-Faktory
08-12-2011, 07:51 AM
see you weasels at Mae's for breakfast tomorrow.

MountainRoads
08-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Anybody in this crowd going to Walker's Swap Meet tomorrow??? If so, probably see you there.

- MR

X-Faktory
08-13-2011, 04:47 AM
Anybody in this crowd going to Walker's Swap Meet tomorrow??? If so, probably see you there.

- MR

MR.............I'll see you there...........and I believe that Bryan, Scooter and Jeff will be there too!

MountainRoads
08-14-2011, 09:00 PM
MR.............I'll see you there...........and I believe that Bryan, Scooter and Jeff will be there too!

Darn. I was there roughly 8:15 - 9:30. Made several circuits. I would have stayed longer, but had other commitments for the day. Things were starting to pick up when I had to leave. I talked to several folks, so who knows ?

- MR

aporschaguy
08-14-2011, 09:12 PM
I showed up around 10. I was happy to unload a bunch of parts and I found a few missing items from my resto. There sure were a bunch of nice early 911s in the parking lot.