PDA

View Full Version : Where to get tires mounted, Seattle and north

Fidalgo911
05-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Anyone know of a good shop to mount tires on wheels? I'm looking for one in Seattle and north to Bellingham. I hear Tight 'n' Tidy in Renton is nice but I just don't have the time to travel a full day (I live in Anacortes).

I could go to my local Les Schwab but these are freshly restored wheels from Al Reed and don't want to take the chance. Thanks,

Nate

Scooter 911
05-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Discount Tire actually does a good job. I've been using Gerber Motorsport and Group 2 lately.

MountainRoads
05-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Anyone know of a good shop to mount tires on wheels? I'm looking for one in Seattle and north to Bellingham. I hear Tight 'n' Tidy in Renton is nice but I just don't have the time to travel a full day (I live in Anacortes).

I could go to my local Les Schwab but these are freshly restored wheels from Al Reed and don't want to take the chance. Thanks,

Nate

I like Discount also. For my Subaru. Might want to check with Monty at Redmond European or Chris' German (Bellevue) for a recommendation. Good shops and they know their stuff.

- MR

a911s
05-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Discount Tire in Bellevue does a great job.

I would not recommend that you take your car to True Line in Bellevue under any circumstances.

Rich Lambert
05-26-2011, 11:48 AM
I use Discount Tire in Everett...never had a problem.

X-Faktory
06-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Nate,
I've used discount tire in Burlington.............they are ok.

al

Fidalgo911
07-03-2011, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the tips. I honestly got impatient (plus ran out of time) and decided to go to Les Schwab on a Saturday morning before I left town for a month. I asked who would be doing the work, handed the guy $20 and explained the situation. He did a great job. A little squeeze goes a long way.