Thread: Cross-Border Beers in NYC this Sunday Night (9/23) with Spenny_B from UK

Cross-Border Beers in NYC this Sunday Night (9/23) with Spenny_B from UK

Ladies and Gentlemen,

In perpetual celebration of "The Bond as Light as Air and Strong as Iron" a few of us will be gathering in Manhattan this Sunday Evening to quaff a few pints and share a few stories with Spenny_B, who is visiting from UK.

For those of you who haven't been following Spencer's thread, check it out here.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-e...using-mbe.html

The short version is that:

1) Spencer has been planning and rebuilding his 964 Turbo-motor for over a year now;
    2) His attention to detail and enthusiasm for the project are overwhelming; and
    3) Just to liven things up a bit, he has decided to add a Garrett turbo, Carrera manifold and MBE engine management to the system.

Not that you fellows need an excuse to drink, but it does provide a convenient one. So come out, hoist one high and share your own long-held dreams of maximum boost. Expand your lexicon by learning what Spencer means by "Chuffed," or learn what a "Brooklyn Question" is. Listen (if you can) to my description of the 911 oiling system (in excruciating detail). Or just show up and bask in the global Gemütlichkeit of the World of Porsche.

No, you don't have anything better to do on a Sunday night. There IS nothing better to do on a Sunday night than drink beer and talk about Porsches.

Time will be 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
    The venue will be BROADWAY LOUNGE IN THE MARRIOTT MARQUIS to start, anyway. Meet there.
    No, we're not trucking all the way down to McSorley's, we'll keep it near the PATH/Port Authority/Grand Central. I have a few ideas but need to coordinate with Spencer first.

Let me know if you are IN.
    Last edited by 304065; 09-23-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Sound like a plan to me. I can always use an excuse to have boys night out

Gytis
    1967 911 matching numbers car ( sold )
    1968 911T/R #0805 (SONDERWUNCH AUSSERH DER M.LISTE NR184****) SOLD
    1969 911E MFI matching ALL numbers SOLD
    1981 911 Target 4K ( SHIFT trip-Nürburgring-SPA and SOLD )
    1986 930 "Carnivore" ( "while I'm there" mode )

Gytis, хорошо! I was scouting some locations in midtown tonight, it looks like there are a few good places that can accomodate us.

Very possible. Very possible. Gytis... any chance you could pick me up and deliver me back? Gotta try to be home by 11
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Morrissey View Post
    Very possible. Very possible. Gytis... any chance you could pick me up and deliver me back? Gotta try to be home by 11
    Now hold on a second. Do you realize the implications of that request? (This means that you are . . .going to have to . . . wait for it. . . . . . . . . RIDE IN THE CAR WITH HIM)

I can just see it now. "Well, the reason I am traveling so fast in this 500HP Porsche Turbo is because we're on the way to the City to meet with a man from Somerset, England who himself is a big fan of the Porsche Turbo, and in fact is rebuilding one right now. No I don't know whether he makes 500 HP or not. Why do you want to see my license?"

Then again your presence might exert a moderating influence on our friend's exercise of his 1 bar boost spring. At least the extra weight will help. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 304065 View Post
    Now hold on a second. Do you realize the implications of that request? (This means that you are . . .going to have to . . . wait for it. . . . . . . . . RIDE IN THE CAR WITH HIM)

oh please John, devil isn't as bad as he is drawn......................

........................he is worse !!! mwah-ha-ha-ha

Gytis

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Morrissey View Post
    there is possibility lets talk saturday.

Gytis

Gytis,

I have the solution. Just tell him that the Turbo hasn't spooled down from the LAST time you went for a ride!

See you soon. Don't let Morrissey back out, we need you guys to keep it interesting. I am as boring as reading the Factory Workshop Manual.

Quote Originally Posted by 304065 View Post
    ....... I am as boring as reading the Factory Workshop Manual.......
    depends on who is reading

Gytis

The venue will be BROADWAY LOUNGE IN THE MARRIOTT MARQUIS to start, anyway. Meet there.