Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Summer 2013

Wakefield Summer 2013

Well for all of you people in Sydney suffering the rain, spare a moment for for the poor people suffering racing in the varied conditions at Wakefield Park, Goulburn. I actually think we got the better deal with the weather !

There were only three Porsches running and mine was the only early car. Sadly David Withers didn't even get a start because of an engine gremlin, so it was up to Geoff Morgan and myself to keep the flag flying. David as normal was the perfect gentleman racer. First place in all of the races, as always very smooth and the car ran almost without incident (brake master cylinder failed and was replaced with effort but without incident).

My efforts were rewarded with reasonable placings and like Geoff a almost incident free weekend. It would have incident free if the mechanic had done up the wheel nuts correctly !! That little problem resulted in a DNF today, but afforded me the opportunity to start from the back and end up in the same fifth place I left in the previous race. My results were 7th, 5th, 5th, DNF and 5th. Happy chappy !

I was impressed to see the ACT chapter of the Early S there in numbers, but sadly never caught up with any of the boys. I wish there was more of a show for you all ... Who was there and who's cars were who ??

I also had the opportunity to catch up with Dennis and Lyn who are locals from Crookwell and have a great 1970 911S that they have just got back on the road. Dennis is a part time photographer and was kind enough to send me the attached pics. Enjoy, as I did. Last pic shows Dennis's car next to mine just before departure to Sydney.

Well done HSRCA, great weekend !! Bring on Phillip Island....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andrew B (Tiger)
    911 69E Historic Production Race Car

Oh and a little tidbit that RC spotted... in race one I was faster than Geoff Morgan, for his fastest lap !

See snapshot. 10/100ths or there a bouts. That's a keeper !

Screen Shot 2013-02-24 at 7.12.15 PM.png
    Andrew B (Tiger)

Front of the pack in all of the shots, even putting the car on the trailer. Well done on beating Geoff's lap time. Not sure too many of us could match that achievement! Bring in PI!!
    Regards,
    Richard

76 Carrera 3.0 Group Sc racer - it's getting lonely out here!

Nice work AB - was great to see one early 911 being used as intended.

Rehab continues - I will return...
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

AB,

Well done clean sweeping Sbc.

Hung

I was at the back of the field im my 105 just making sure that Andy was behaving himself - he really put in some impressive drives.
    When you are doing the Group S points, Natsoft shows me in Sc, but I was running my 1750 Sb 105. I am not really fussed, but may as well keep the points correct.

Rob

I hate people with multiple group S cars, lol not really.

I was driving my 1850cc Porsche !
    Andrew B (Tiger)

Andy

I thought it was a 1600 ?

Here's a photo of you thanks to Dennis and Lyn.

IMG_0657.JPG
    Andrew B (Tiger)