Thread: 2013 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run - Saturday, May 18, 2013

2013 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run - Saturday, May 18, 2013

This will be our fourth annual Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run! Over the last three years attendance has been strong and we expect nothing less this year. We would like to keep the bulk of the cars "Euro" related (BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, etc) but if you have friends with nice cars that are outside of those parameters, certainly feel free to invite them. The only reason we're not inviting all makes and models is to keep it from growing to hundreds of cars (which it has been in the past).

2013 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run
    Saturday, May 18, 2012

9:00 am - Meet in Rockville at Mid-Pike Plaza, Toys R Us parking lot
    11802 Rockville Pike
    North Bethesda, MD 20852

Leave promptly at 10:00 am. It takes approximately three hours to get to Philly from here (with tolls and stops factored in).

11:45 am - Arrive at Delaware House rest stop to regroup and use the restrooms.

12:15 pm - Get back on the road towards Philly.

1:00 pm - arrive at Tony Luke's Cheesesteaks
    39 East Oregon Avenue
    Philadelphia, PA 19148

FACEBOOK EVENT <------ click for the event on Facebook.

If you live in the PA, NJ, DE, NY etc area and don't want to join the cruise (or want to set up your own), just meet at Tony Luke's around
    1:00 pm. If you organize any of your own cruises, please let me know and I will spread the word.

Tony Lukes Cheesesteaks website: http://www.tonylukes.com.

Parking - the best place to park is next to the Tony Lukes restaurant, under I-95. There are at least a few hundred parking spaces so parking will not be an issue. There is also a small parking lot across the street for about 20 cars.

Eating - Across the street from the restaurant is the "steak shop" and that's where I recommend you get your food. There will be quite a line but it will be worth the wait. The restaurant has limited seating and will fill up quick with all the people that are coming.

If you post this on any other forums that I haven't included, please post the link here so I can update the list!

Videos from last year:

http://youtu.be/FtTA1qeyreg

http://youtu.be/YNaHonlqgMc

This will be posted on the following forums:

6 Speed Online
    Audizine
    Bimmerforums
    E46 Fanatics
    E90 Post
    Early 911 Registry
    Ferrari Chat
    Gruppe Titan
    Luxury4Play
    M3 Forums
    M3 Post
    Maserati Life
    Planet-9
    Saab Link
    VW Vortex

Caravan info from NoVA:

Quote Originally Posted by Pat@sonictuning
    I usually host a caravan from Tysons corner to Rockville MD for this. I usually meet there at 8:30ish and leave by 9:10 for the 20 minute drive up to Rockville. I will be posting this up on E90 post, M3 post, Rennlist, Planet 9 and 6speed.

Start a signup if you are in Nova and care to meet in Tyson's. I will be in the center of Tysons 2 Galleria in front of Maggiaos and Cheese Cake Factory.

Bump! Just a couple more weeks!

test test test

Bump! Less than a week left!

Hey everyone. Just a reminder/heads up that this is rain or shine. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! Bring your appetites!

Thanks to everyone for coming out! It was smaller than previous years which was probably a combination of the fact that there was potential rain in the forecast, cruisin weekend in Ocean City, and SoWo. I'd estimate we had about 30-ish cars leave from Rockville, MD, then we picked up six more that joined us from Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee, then picked up a few more in Delware. I think about 20 came down from NY/NJ and probably about the same from PA. I'd guess we had about 100 cars at Tony Luke's.

On the drive up from Maryland a turbo G35 got pulled over but I think he just got a ticket for no front tag. We also lost an E92 3-Series when he suddenly got two flat tires on the driver side. I'm still not sure exactly sure what happened there.

The Gallardo was definitely the hottest car there and got the most attention which is completely justified lol. In Philly there were two extremely loud cars, a C63 AMG and an E92 M3 that ripped it under the bridge when they left which got applause from everyone standing nearby. I believe someone got video but I haven't seen it online yet.

These are just a few un-edited pictures I put up real quick before I can get through them all.

Everyone - Nathan Laliberte, a writer for the "Wheels" section of the NY Times, was one of the attendees at the Cheesesteak Run and wrote an article about it. Please take a moment and leave comments to support our fellow car enthusiast!

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2013...r-cheesesteaks