Thread: WTT: 65 passenger door, no rust or damage to trade for later door plus

WTT: 65 passenger door, no rust or damage to trade for later door plus

I have a passenger door from a 65 (opening for the door latch is a smaller diameter than later years). Before I increase the opening in the door for the latch on my 67S I thought it would be better to try to reunite the door with a car of the appropriate vintage. I would be open to offers to exchange the 65 door for a door of later vintage plus say a 118 lense and reflector or perhaps some SWB tools, ready to deal. Let me know what you think.
    Skip

So, are you offering the extra tools and lens along with your door for a later door or visa versa? I am a bit confused.

Regards

Jim

Vice versa, sorry for not being clear. My thinking is that the 65 door is becoming a rare item and would be worth a 67 door plus a goody or two.

Quote Originally Posted by CarmelSkip View Post
    Vice versa, sorry for not being clear. My thinking is that the 65 door is becoming a rare item and would be worth a 67 door plus a goody or two.
    I think you should be thinking just the opposite. You have a door that you can't use and you need to trade it for a door that you can use. I have 20 right hand doors for early cars . The early doors are hard to sell because of their limited demand. If you find someone that will trade you straight across, consider yourself lucky. Now, if you want to buy a good right door for your 67, come on up and we will make a deal.

Regards

Jim

Well Jim,
    I must say that I am surprised but bow to your expertise. With the crazy prices that folks are asking (and getting) for early parts these days I was certain that the rarer 65 door would be more valuable. If no one is interested in the deal I will just keep the door and drill out the hole to a larger diameter. I also have the two latch mechanisms for both the left and right doors if anyone is interested.
    Regards,
    Skip