Thread: 1967 Fulks wheel finish

1967 Fulks wheel finish

What finish (partially painted black or 100% polished) should the alloy Fulks wheels be on a 1967 911S?

Neither. the wheel is clear anodized with black painted "darts" around the lug holes. Before you do anything check out the board here for the 67S, it is a very special car with unique features. Search some of the images. Post some pics of your project! S

This is my second SWB Targa, with the first being a 912. Both were in Bahama Yellow when new. When I got this '67 911S it was without engine, transmission, soft back window, and painted with about a quarter of an inch of black Emron. I knew there was lots of rust (they all are these days) but well worth the restoration effort, knowing the rarety of the car. After having it media blasted I have been working on eliminating the structural rust for about three months. I have purchased a 1969 911S engine (no luck on the '67 purchase) and an almost correct transmission with some ratio changes. I believe that most of the car was there, except for the Fulks 14 inch wheels that came with the car. I acquired four 15 X 5 1/2 wheels at the recent 356 West Coast Holiday, which I will use on the car, knowing that it originally came with 4 1/2 versions. But where do I stop trying to gain 100% originalility? Right now my main effort is to get the body back to 100% knowing that the other items can be "bolted" on at a later date if so desired. I am also currently working on a 1955 Speedster and I just don't know what I am going to do with these two car when done. I'm kinda pushed for space with other projects such as a 1957 Chevy pickup with Cadillac engine/trany, a Mercedes 300 SD, a boat, and a repaint on my '64 Karmann coupe. So many projects and so little time. But life is good.

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    You should be looking for 4,5 x 15 inch......Fuchs rims. Those are original to the 67S.

BR, Cees

S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Original '67 Fuchs; If you look closely, you can see the double anodized finish - smooth paddles and lip, rough otherwise

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  92.1 KB

Great photos and advice. Thanks, guys.