Thread: Where does the right hand side battery cable terminate?

Where does the right hand side battery cable terminate?

Hi all,

My 69E race car has had the right hand side battery box removed to improve air flow to the fender mounted oil cooler.

However, the right hand side +ve battery cable was never removed. The cable disappears to the right of the fuel tank and heads under the bulkhead towards the dash. I would like to remove the cable but I'm having difficulty finding where it ties into the loom.

Any hints as to the best way to remove it??
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

The cable is supported in wire clips under the trunk floor (above the gas tank) Tight fit, but gotta get your hand in that space and unbend the clips.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

And then it terminates at the left hand battery...
    Mike de Jong | '71 911T/E 2.4 Tangerine | '74 911S 3.2 Ice Green

Thanks Ed,

How/where does the non battery end tie into the loom itself? Put another way, once I unbend the clips, how do I disconnect it from the car?
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Aah, thanks Mike (simul - post).

So it must go rearward, around the tank, and then forward to the left battery?
    Cheers, Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by obrut View Post
    So it must go rearward, around the tank, and then forward to the left battery?
    Yes, that is what mine did, before I pulled it out
    Member # 2899
    1972 911T
    2004 996 C4S
    2001 996 Carrera
    2008 Cayenne S (sold)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo (sold)
    2009 997 cabriolet (sold)
    2002 996 Turbo (sold)
    1998 Boxster S (sold)
    1997 993 cab (sold)
    1989 911 3.2 Carrera (sold)

Thanks team.
    Cheers, Ryan

Don't throw the cable away,,,when we install them back into cars where someone has eliminated them they are very expensive!
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Fear not, mine is sitting in the attic of my garage with every single other part that has been removed from my car, even if they are beyond redemption.
    One day in decades to come I will go up there with a socket set and build a second car for my daughters first boyfriend. He'll be so busy trying to get the thing to run that my daughter will be quite safe :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Don't throw the cable away,,,when we install them back into cars where someone has eliminated them they are very expensive!
    Member # 2899
    1972 911T
    2004 996 C4S
    2001 996 Carrera
    2008 Cayenne S (sold)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo (sold)
    2009 997 cabriolet (sold)
    2002 996 Turbo (sold)
    1998 Boxster S (sold)
    1997 993 cab (sold)
    1989 911 3.2 Carrera (sold)

Not to worry,,,,by that time they'll be using their 3-D printers !
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.