Thread: Blaupunkt Radio Hookup?

Blaupunkt Radio Hookup?

I did a search but couldn't find anything to answer my questions. Below is a picture of the back of my radio which I would like to install. I've labelled each wire which may or may not be correct. I can see just plugging in the antenna but don't know what to do with the speakers. I have two door speakers and the dash speaker. Is the speaker connection too old, do I need something else? Pictures and a description would be great if anyone has some. Where does the ground go, which I assume is missing? Thanks.

Name:  radio2.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  91.0 KB
    Member #2666

You've got it. the yellow wire is the power and should have an inline fuse. There is a little selector tab for 12V/6V. The triangular plug is for speakers. The pigtail on your speakers should have a two prong connector. You plug it into the bottom of the triangle and the top left or right socket depending if you have 1 or 2 speakers connected. I have a diagram I can send you if you give me you email.

Bryan
    Last edited by bfunke; 03-02-2014 at 05:50 AM.

Thanks Bryan, sent you a PM with my e-mail. Which sockets do you use if you have 3 speakers? Where do you get pigtails for the speakers as I just have exposed wire?
    Member #2666

Name:  scan0004.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  33.3 KBName:  scan0003.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  53.1 KBName:  scan0002.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  40.7 KB

Thank you Bryan and mcampuzano. Found a 2 prong plug on another radio I have so will try wiring it up and see what I get. I assume grounding is not necessary if radio is in contact with the cars body.
    Member #2666

I would add a ground wire just to be safe. Use one of the small screws on the chassis.
    Bob B