Thread: Are these dimensions correct for a SWB car?

Are these dimensions correct for a SWB car?

If not, does anyone have them? Thanks

Body+Dimentions+11374080600.jpg (52.5 KB)

BodyDimentions+21374080620.jpg (91.7 KB)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Scott

swb and lwb(not talking about the rs) have the same dimensions...except for the front axle aux. suport mounts and the trans. mounts... those points are something like 3mm raised on the swb...but in reality this difference you can not measure with a measurement tape...you have to put the car on a jig to see this.

the rear engine mounts have a quite big tolerance in hight and lenght (+/-4mm !!!!!) so it is not really possible to do a meaningfull measurement... the 752mm width seem correct if i remember right.
    not so sure if all swb have this measurement holes in the floor pan...so most of the data shown on this illustration are useless in this case.

what you need this data for? rust repair...damage repair? both?
    Last edited by moito; 03-06-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Replacing the front suspension pan. I bought this from RD and was checking the dimensions. According the the specs in my first post, this dimension should be 22 1/4" from the center of hole to center of hole. I am measuring 21 3/4" between holes?

Name:  front suspension pan.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  131.0 KB
    Scott

I've used several RD pans, never checked that dimension though, however that won't be a problem, their holes line up with the factory jig copy from Stoddard. More important is to be sure you use the reinforcements that weld in from the top before you weld on the tank support. Otherwise you could rip out those weldments making that slight discrepancy immaterial.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks Ed, yes I have the reinforcements.
    Scott

If you flip the panel over and measure again is it different? The welded in lugs are on an angle.
    If you imagine it looks like this //.......\\
    Regards,
    Reuben

You are correct about the angle of the threaded holes. The dimension is still 1/4" off from the specs on the drawing when I measured from the other side.
    Scott