Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: yellow fan shroud

WTB: yellow fan shroud

Looking for nice original yellow engine shroud for my 72T.

pm sent!....
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

I do believe I still have a yellow left... let me check the pile of post-LA Swamp Meet parts.
    Eric - Sandy, Utah
    71 911
    914-6/GT
    914-6/ORV
    87 944 Spec 1
    Porsche Truck
    62 Beetle
    80 VW “Caddy” Pickup
    72 R75/5 Toaster Tank
    PMB Performance
    We'll Make Your Calipers New Again
    Love Us On Facebook

Little rough. How's $100 sound?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eric - Sandy, Utah
    71 911
    914-6/GT
    914-6/ORV
    87 944 Spec 1
    Porsche Truck
    62 Beetle
    80 VW “Caddy” Pickup
    72 R75/5 Toaster Tank
    PMB Performance
    Love Us On Facebook

So, I did not immediately respond to Eric as I was working out of town. In the interim, someone else chimed in and purchased the shroud he had available. Fair -- maybe/maybe not. I guess, money talks.... I still need a nice yellow shroud if anyone has one available.

I have one from a 73 but I cant compete with $100 shroud... that was a steal!
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Just for correctness, some of the 1973 cis came with a yellow shroud. There is a thread on the differences from the MFI shroud.
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-73-5-cis.html
    E Sully
    1973.5 911T

Black 73.5 CIS fan housings were originally yellow and painted black by the factory.

Regards

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post
    So, I did not immediately respond to Eric as I was working out of town. In the interim, someone else chimed in and purchased the shroud he had available. Fair -- maybe/maybe not. I guess, money talks.... I still need a nice yellow shroud if anyone has one available.
    I want to be very transparent here. I always try to do a first in, first out kinda thing with classifieds. It's tough with some people e-mailing, some people PMing, etc. etc.

3/5 - Post - Want a nice shroud.
    3/5 - Reply from Richard - PM sent
    3/5 - Reply - I may have one as well.
    3/6 - Got you a picture said it was "a little rough"
    3/6 - Received a PM from a member here stating "If Beaker passes..." (very fair and very professional)
    3/7 - Two days after original post and after not hearing anything, I assumed you grabbed a nicer shroud from Richard. I told the other party that it looks like it's theirs.
    3/8 - PM from you asking if the shroud had been painted or if there were any cracks. to which I replied "...sorry, after a couple of days of not hearing from you... yada, yada, yada"

So, I just want you to know, that I feel the other member here was acting fairly and thinking on your behalf. With e-mail notifications on these posts, I'm usually made aware of responses within a few hours at the latest (depends upon when I can get to my e-mail). Again, after two-three days, I assumed you had found something nicer and offered it to the other member.

Bottom line; I think everyone was trying their best to be fair here. Just an unfortunate timing. You may want to check eBay auctions. There's usually quite a few for $100-300.00

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
    Last edited by Neunelfer; 03-10-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    Eric - Sandy, Utah
    71 911
    914-6/GT
    914-6/ORV
    87 944 Spec 1
    Porsche Truck
    62 Beetle
    80 VW “Caddy” Pickup
    72 R75/5 Toaster Tank
    PMB Performance
    Love Us On Facebook

Eric -- for the record --- You have nothing but a superior reputation as a fair and honest enthusiast on this board. Your caliper work is like jewelry. Just bummed that I was sniped on my own want add due to my day job. No worries!