Thread: 73 911 - looking for rear engine wiring harness rubber boot..

73 911 - looking for rear engine wiring harness rubber boot..

At the lower engine firewall area where all the cables, rods, tubes and electrical harnesses exit, there are two - side by side - holes where the main rear wiring harnesses route through. I am in need of one the rubber boots for the right side harness and can't seem to find a supplier or a listing for it in PET. If anyone has found a Porsche PN or another resource for a satisfactory replacement boot, I'd appreciate hearing.

member #1515
    Isn't that just a sheath? Try mcMaster Carr.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

The harnesses in the photo actually obscure where they exit, but both harnesses have a right-angled boot that seals around where the harnesses exit the tunnel. The sheaths do cover the multiple wires that are underneath, but you still need a 'boot' to have a tight seal from the body to the sheath/harness. P.S. our cars look the same at this stage - meaning your underneath paint and detail only mine is a silver car. Can't wait to finish installing the suspension, just mine is silver.

member #1515
    I only wish that was my car. It's RS 135, a lightweight during restoration at the shop where my car is serviced.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Similar Threads

1. Wiring harness rubber tubing
    By gled49 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 02:39 PM
  2. Engine/ CDI Wiring Harness for a '71 T?
    By Stretch32 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 08:21 AM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 06:01 PM
  4. WTB: Engine Wiring harness f/ '70E
    By cjtbt in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 03:50 AM
  5. WTB: Engine wiring harness for 2.2T
    By Eminence Gris in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 0