Thread: Verifying and Checking MFI Fuel Pump

Verifying and Checking MFI Fuel Pump

Hi Guys

The fuel pump that I got with my 69 911E has the number 0 580 690 001 stamped on the casing. I've Googled and checked the parts catalogue but can't find anything to verify whether this pump is compatible for my S spec engine.

How would i go about testing it? Does it need to hit a pressure spec, or a flow delivery spec?

Thanks
    Darren
    1969 911E Ossie Blau
    Member 2905

The 001 pump is correct for all MFI applications. Roughly it should put out about 1liter per minute at about 2 bar (30 psi) from the discharge port.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

What would a 014 pump be off ?

Might be 914?
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks Ed. I actually have two pumps that came with the car, both ending in 001. I had been told one was for the PMO carbs that were on the car, and the other for the MFI. There was some kind of PMO manifold with supply and return lines, so maybe it was a MFI pump and was regulated down near the carbs.

Here are the two pumps I have, but they still don't match exactly to what I found the chart below:

Pump 1: 058096 0001
    Pump 2: 058097 0001. This one has a blue dot, and 1 of the 3 hose spiggots is larger than the other two (this one was being used with carbs)

Can I be certain they are both MFI pumps because they end with 0001? The first pump has a 6 instead of a 7, and the second one has a blue dot and the different sized spiggots.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1969 911E Ossie Blau
    Member 2905

As that Bosch chart shows, the 009 should be the low pressure carb version. As to the different size hole spigots it may have something to do with different pump locations and therefore different hose sizes. The 69 and 70 cars had the pump up under the steering rack, 71 and up it mounted at the left rear torsion bar housing. I think that version was the one with the larger suction port. Yes, the PMO kit restricted the pump rather than replace it with a proper low pressure one,,,made the kit cheaper.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.