Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Chassis #302396 - Engine # 902525 - Overall High Quality SWB Coupe - Great Colors

FS: Chassis #302396 - Engine # 902525 - Overall High Quality SWB Coupe - Great Colors

Porsche 911 - Chassis #302396 – Engine # 902525
    High quality example of an early short wheel base 911 in great colors (Irish Green exterior & tan interior). Factory wood dash & steering wheel.
    Year of Manufacture (YOM) is 1965. Car is registered as a Model Year (MY) 1966. Certificate of Authenticity (COA) provided by Porsche identifies the car as a “1965 911”.
    Overall exceptional presentation – consistent regional concours class winner, 2-time national class winner at Porsche Club of America National Parades (most recently in 2005).
    Motor and gearbox serial numbers match COA. Low miles (approximately 5k) on rebuilt motor (2008) with mild (and fully reversible) hot rod treatment, featuring conversion from Solex to Weber carbs. Very strong set up - looks & sounds terrific!
    Older restoration. Metal work is very strong – metal, paint and mechanicals done by award-winning Porsche experts (Automobile Associates, Canton, CT – Jim Newton, Principal).
    Long-term enthusiast ownership. Two owners over past 32 years. Current owner last 11 years. All receipts since 1989.
    Super clean everywhere. Stored in climate controlled garage (Southwestern Connecticut).
    Interior/carpets in excellent condition, but upholstery color/carpet differs from COA.
    Edited 5/14/2014
    As of today, the car is being represented by Sloan Cars.
    http://sloancars.com/

ds
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rstrahota; 05-14-2014 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Updated contact information

More of 302396

More... See first post for contact info…
    ds

Looks really nice! And sounds like a great deal!

John
    1965 911 #301111, Red Book Vol 1 "Cover Car," owned 53 years.
    1967 911 #307347, bare-bones, some road wear, a little surface rust, and a few dents..., owned 13 years.
    1970 914/6GT, (Sold - ran the last three Rennsports)owned 30 years.

Photography Site: JohnStraubImageWorks.com

Registry #983
    R Gruppe #741

What a beauty!

Beautiful car, GLWS. I hate to hijack your for sale ad, but that memo dated 2/2/65 is very interesting -- has it been posted here on the Registry before?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmeth View Post
    Beautiful car, GLWS. I hate to hijack your for sale ad, but that memo dated 2/2/65 is very interesting -- has it been posted here on the Registry before?
    I believe the memo has been in the public domain for a while. If not, I am going to be in deep do-do with some friends…

ds

Quote Originally Posted by John Straub View Post
    Looks really nice! And sounds like a great deal!

John
    John, thanks very much. I bet I'm going to regret selling it someday.
    ds

See the Car Tomorrow in New Canaan, CT

Unless the car is spoken for today, see the car at tomorrow's "Caffeine & Carburetors" hosted by Doug Zumbach, Peter Bush and Todd Brown. The car has been a regular at these events through the years...
    ds

http://caffeineandcarburetors.com/

Sunday at New Canaan & Some Memories

It was great seeing so many people in New Canaan on Sunday. For all that asked about the car, thanks for your interest. I had the pleasure of meeting one person who remembers the car from prior to and during its restoration. Seems like everyone thought it was not a wise move to lavish so much time and resources on an early 911… I think we can say now that the doubters were wrong!
    Also looked back at my stack of records. It seems that the last owner bought the car 32 years ago. So that makes two owners over that last 32 years! I amended my OP to reflect this tidbit.
    Also came across some magazine photos of the car at the 2005 Porsche Parade in Hershey PA (boy, was it hot!)
    The first shot is from the Sept 2005 issue of Panorama showing the final prep for the Concours - probably 7 am or so…
    The second shot is from the November 2005 issue of Excellence. Shows Weldon and the balance of the judging team giving the car the once-over. That seemed like the longest 5 minutes in history!
    Regards, ds

Final bump for this site - Soon I will be moving to another strategy to more effectively market the car if not sold.
    btw, I was at Lime Rock park yesterday and happened to see the owner of the car from 1982-2003 when I purchased it from him. It was fun hearing more stories from him about the car and his experiences with it.
    ds