Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Chassis #302396 - Engine # 902525 - Overall High Quality SWB Coupe - Great Colors

I have agreed to have Richard & Brett Sloan from Sloan Cars http://sloancars.com/ represent my car. They should have my car posted in a few days time.
    Turns out I don't have the time or inclination to properly market this terrific car, and I am not really interested in going the auction route. While I love buying cars, I find that sellng them is a PIA! Hopefully with the global reach of Sloan Cars, the right enthusiast buyer can be found.
    Thanks for looking and for all of the positive emails & PM's!
    ds

Not a bad route to take if you don't have the time / patience to deal with the sale yourself.
    Your car looks great on the Sloan site. Really nice pictures. GLWS.

Nice looking car. I love Irish Green GLWS!

nickb4 & friggens...
    Thanks!
    ds

Richard has informed me that a substantial deposit has been made to secure the car, pending a PPI (as the seller, I certainly welcome the notion of a PPI)
    ds

Congrats on a beautiful car and buyer. Why the change and rebuild of the engine ? I would think the car would hold more value if original, especially as a 2005 National Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Congrats on a beautiful car and buyer. Why the change and rebuild of the engine ? I would think the car would hold more value if original, especially as a 2005 National Champion.
    Thanks. Just to clarify, the motor number remains matching to the COA. Ds
    Last edited by rstrahota; 06-13-2014 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Typo

Understood. Many of the early 911's in use today have replaced the Solex's and other components to increase drivability. Seems like it would be a good idea to grab some of these " original " parts as they could become difficult to find.

FS: @Gooding 2019 Scottsdale - 1965 911 Coupe - 302396

Also on this tread:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ghlight=302396
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gooding & Company, Scottsdale Auctions, January 18 & 19, 2019
    1965 Porsche 2.0L 911 Coupe
    VIN: 302396
    Engine: 902525
    Trans: -
    Color: Irish Green/Black
    Mileage: 55,016 (indicated)
    Auction Estimate: US$200,000 - $250,000 | Without Reserve
    Sold for: US$212,800

65 1.jpg

65 2.jpg

65 2-1.jpg

65 3.jpg

65 4.jpg

65 5.jpg

65 6.jpg

65 7.jpg

Auction Description:

- Highly Sought-After 1965 Model with Carbureted Two-Liter Engine
    - Beautifully Maintained Older Restoration by Jim Newton’s AAOC
    - Two-Time Class Winner at Porsche Club of America National Parades
    - Original Irish Green Paint and Numbers-Matching Engine per Porsche COA
    - Accompanied by Manual, Spare, Tool Kit, Jack, and Records from 1982–2018

Chassis 302396 was completed on September 23, 1965, finished in elegant Irish Green, and sold in December to its first caretaker in Pocatello, Idaho. Residing in Connecticut by the early 1980s, the 911 underwent an extensive cosmetic restoration by Jim Newton’s renowned Automobile Associates of Canton and became a prolific concours champion and two-time class winner at Porsche Club of America National Parades. Service records document regular upkeep, and in February 2008, Automobile Associates rebuilt the engine, replacing the original Solex carburetors with more reliable and effective Weber models. The consignor reports that the car has been driven about 6,000 miles since this work was carried out. Equipped with its matching-numbers engine (per the Porsche COA) and presented with proper July 1965 date-stamped wheels, this 911 is accompanied by a tool kit, manual, and jack, and is further adorned with a period-correct roof rack and Blaupunkt Frankfurt Radio.

The early 911 is considered by many enthusiasts to be the purest of Porsche’s modern sports cars, and this example, with its numbers-matching engine, attractive color scheme, and period accessories, is a surefire showstopper.
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 01-22-2019 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Added sold for price.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548