Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 73S - First start in thirty years

His spirit lives on. Well done.

Of course if Warren were here he would say, "Mark, nice work! Now put the ignition coil in the bracket where it belongs!"
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Quote Originally Posted by 304065 View Post
    His spirit lives on. Well done.

Of course if Warren were here he would say, "Mark, nice work! Now put the ignition coil in the bracket where it belongs!"
    Warren asks, Warren receives.

Name:  20140505_074108.1.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  68.2 KB
    1973 S Targa #0098
    Member # 1498

Motor in...motor out. Man dropped the lump back out for some adjustments/clean up. Drained trans and added 3.17 quarts fresh $wepco. Man puts lump back in tomorrow. Brakes (or breaks if more stupider) and bouncy bits next.

1973 S Targa #0098
    Member # 1498

It's only fitting that Swepco goes in that car.

Correct distributor back from a rebuild. Warren had disassembled the original many moons back. Parts were lost but now are found. A local shop sent out for the redo. Not knowing I'd be able to gather the parts or find a rebuilder, I bought a 2.4E disty from another member as a stopgap. It feels good to have her "born with" parts going back in.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1973 S Targa #0098
    Member # 1498

After a few months of tinkering and not getting nearly enough done, Annie is going to visit Ed Mayo for a bit to straighten out reconnect some of the bits under the car and re install the back glass. A little closer...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1973 S Targa #0098
    Member # 1498

I would like to here how the rear window installation goes. Maybe some pics and tips would encourage us procratinators.

Lash
    1963 356-B T6 not running
    1972 911-T sold
    1972 911-S Targa
    1979 M/B 450 SLC

Some of Annie's history. Her last state inspection sticker and license plate when Warren had her.

1973 S Targa #0098
    Member # 1498

A visit to Mayo Performance to drop of some parts and talk with Ed. He found several places I'd routed wires/hoses in a non stock location and is really making headway! I'm happy he was able to take on the project. A couple of update pictures.

1973 S Targa #0098
    Member # 1498

I got to visit Annie again today and deliver a few more parts for Ed to bolt on. Brakes are done, electrical done, axles done, fuel system mostly done. Body panels are next.

1973 S Targa #0098
    Member # 1498