Thread: Pls help ID these two parts

Pls help ID these two parts

I'm embarking on my '72 project, which I bought as a rolling chassis that was completely disassembled by the previous owner who then lost interest. Having done this type of project restoration two times before, I find it a fun game of "identify this part" when one goes thru the numerous boxes that comes with the car, and hoping you find that rare gem of a part. Of course, the previous owner of my '67 took this game to the extreme when he put every nut, bolt and washer from the completely disassembled car into one box. but i digress...

Would appreciate any inputs as to what these two parts are.

First is a Bosch unit - the three wires look to feed into a fuse box or such as the soldered ends have that screw indentation. The number on the unit reads: Bosch "Typ 7 691 240 112" and "Volt 12" and it also has what looks to be a small cable input - akin to a smaller version of the speedo cable.

Name:  What is this 007.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  103.2 KB

Name:  What is this 008.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  108.9 KB

The second is just a larger metal bracket... the adjustment groove suggests to me something to help with belt tension - perhaps an AC-related bracket? Or ???

Name:  What is this 011.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  123.3 KB

Thanks in advance... Appreciate the help as always!
    Patrick... Member #1707
    '58 356
    '67 911
    '69 911

# 2991
    I'm fairly sure the first item is a power antenna/signal booster, I don't believe it's original Porsche but definitely period correct.

As for the bracket, most likely some sort of A/C compressor mount.

Just guessing on both but maybe someone knows for sure.

The lower one could be an aftermarket AC bracket and bolts to the right of the fan. My 1972 factory AC bracket is different:

Name:  2014-05-04 19.10.45.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  278.5 KB

No idea what that Bosch part is, perhaps something to do with RF, eg radio antenna, as it has an RF connector?

In return, do you know what these 2 mystery wires do in the front passenger fender of a 1972 T? The left one has a bullet connector and another wire taped up, the right one has a pair of female spade connectors. They look like factory wiring.

Name:  2014-05-04 18.59.36.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  203.7 KB
    Member # 2899
    1972 911T
    2004 996 C4S
    2001 996 Carrera
    2008 Cayenne S (sold)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo (sold)
    2009 997 cabriolet (sold)
    2002 996 Turbo (sold)
    1998 Boxster S (sold)
    1997 993 cab (sold)
    1989 911 3.2 Carrera (sold)

If the wire is white with a green tracer it is for additional lighting. If it is black with a yellow tracer it is for a horn, and if brown it is a ground.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Hi!

For the electrical part shown in first picts, you should be able to ID it witht the bosch number.
    The website automotive tradition offers some pretty usefull search tools!

Regards

Olivier.

The bracket looks like the one on my '68 for the smog pump.
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.