Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MFI Fuel pump-performance and modern replacement

MFI Fuel pump-performance and modern replacement

Hi,

I'm sure this has been disused before, but can someone tell me:

- Pressure and flow capacity of the original fuel pump for 911S?
    - As the original pumps are hard to get hold on, what modern replacement is good? Shouldn't be that hard to find out….?

Thanks for your help.

Bjorn
    911S 2.0 1969, ex- Michel Piech.

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    The last time I needed a fuel pump for my MFI race car, no need for original looking pump, I install an in line pump Bosch 69468 (0580 464 058 fpp). lots of volume and pressure. Remember pressure is regulated at fuel filter console return fitting. gled

Fuel Injection Corp is your friend. They did a beautiful job rebuilding my 72 pump

925-454-9715 Livermore, CA

www.fuelinjectioncorp.com

Tom

+1 for Fuel Injection Corp.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Another vote for Fuel Injection Corp. A friend of mine just sent them 6 pumps. They're to fuel pumps what Harvey is to wheels.

Richard Newton
    Silly Tech Stuff - mainly Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by Richardnew View Post
    Another vote for Fuel Injection Corp. A friend of mine just sent them 6 pumps. They're to fuel pumps what Harvey is to wheels.

Richard Newton
    Silly Tech Stuff - mainly Porsche
    Harley to wheels???? not much of an endorsement!!

If I ever get all my wheels back from Harvey I may have to build an addition to my cave.

Richard

Has anyone used the Bosch 69468 pump in a 69S? I will send my original one out for rebuild but want to get driving so I dont miss any more of the season
    1969 911E Ossie Blau
    Member 2905

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    That pump I run, is a permanent install requiring modification to hoses and fittings. Not a good choice for a temporary install. G

Before I try the 69468 are there any other recommendations that folks have used that work?