Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: My Long-Term '70 S Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer View Post
    Ed Mayo was a big help instructing me on putting the plastic liner on my doors. It's not just a simple sheet of plastic, but also has two "flaps" glued to the inside of the liner which tuck into the access holes in the door and redirect any water that gets through the seals so that it doesn't pool between the sheeting and the inner structure of the door. One of those little details I wasn't aware of.
    Dave, can you please describe this a little more? Maybe a sketch or pic too? Installing door panels tomorrow and would love to get it right. Thx Mark
    Mark Erbesfield
    2018 911 Carrera T 7spd manual 😊
    1973 911S #9113301282
    1957 356A #58648
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FST (Factory Soft Top)
    1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 “Patina Queen”
    1979 MB 450SL "Dad's old car"
    2019 Cayenne "Wife's car"

A photo of Cornpanzer's 911 from Bergrennen 2017.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

I think Dave really went beyond the call of duty bringing his newly restored beauty to Bergrennen this past fall. All of us who have followed his progress know well the emotional roller coaster you experience with a build as detailed as his. This car blew everyone who saw it away. Photos just can't accurately depicted the level of quality in the restoration. ...oh yeah... David is a pretty nice guy to boot.

At the time, I was working on a Porsche license plate frame story... so, ...
    Last edited by Mark Morrissey; 03-06-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Thank you Mark. I really appreciate it. Looking forward to getting it all dialed in this spring!
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Spent the month of May dialing the car in. Got a new oil cooler in and fixed a chronic oil leak on the engine… Sending unit had worked loose and was squirting oil under the shroud to be evenly distributed by the fan.
    Everything is working… Turn signals, lights, switches - the nit-picky things that drive you crazy with a fresh resto. Dialed in the high-butterfly’s...throttle response is much snappier and angrier.
    Ault Park Concours is this weekend. Then I can get it dirty again.
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Will Californians ever see this beauty in all its glory?

Sure, we have an open invitation here in the Midwest for any Californians brave enough to drive thier cars across state lines.

Quote Originally Posted by JBQuick View Post
    Will Californians ever see this beauty in all its glory?
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

ROFL !!!!!

So true !

member #1515
    Quote Originally Posted by merbesfield View Post
    Dave, can you please describe this a little more? Maybe a sketch or pic too? Installing door panels tomorrow and would love to get it right. Thx Mark
    I cut a plastic flap that I glue inside the door panel that extends down below the large openings at the bottom of the door, I then glue the main sheet over the whole door. You want to keep the water that gets into the door so that it does not end up between the main sheet and the door. Ed might have a different technique, ( and better).
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Such a beautiful car!!!
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059